Time for some music.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by limbkiller, May 3, 2019.

1. limbkiller

limbkiller Pulling my hair. Supporting Addict

Aug 18, 2011
    My youngest son who at one time was everything to me got a little bit of a repreve today. Doesn't smoke dope or like to drink but got into the opioids and has stolen my money and 30+ guns and other things from me the last 5 years. I got most things back but........ Missing a few guns, 3 1911's, cz po-9, amongst others.

He was facing 5 years in prison at least and I was able to get him in rehab for the next 12-18 months today in court so it is all on him. Damn I love my kids and his potential is unreal. So I'm gonna listen to some country music tonight and cry my eyes out as that boy has killed my soul the last few years. And I mean killed it.

He was my best buddy, hunting partner, fishing buddy. Never saw me without him even at work at times. Damn I hope he gets it together as I have already seen him with a pulse of 4 at my house and EMT saved him. Never do ya want to see that I promise.

Where he is going is 2 hours away and a christian based rehab. God I hope they can save him. The judge told him several times boy I've talked to your dad and you are gonna die and that would be a loss to the world.

Well on with my songs for the night. Might have to throw a R&R song in though.

2. limbkiller

Aug 18, 2011

3. limbkiller

Aug 18, 2011
  4. mikegalway

mikegalway CEO of DILLIGAF industries Supporting Addict

Feb 23, 2014
    FWoo45, 41 Charlie, Stogies and 2 others like this.
  5. limbkiller

Aug 18, 2011
  6. KTXdm9

KTXdm9 Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2018
    That sucks. I pray he's hit rock bottom and ready to make a change.

limbkiller likes this.
  7. limbkiller

Aug 18, 2011
  8. raven5

raven5 New Member

Feb 20, 2018
    Can't imagine what you're going through, but I'll keep you, him and your family in my prayers.

Nothing compared to what you're going through in the least but I can understand and sympathize. I've got two teenage twin boys that are about to turn 16 this summer. These last few years they've been straying from the straight and narrow and have been getting in plenty trouble in school. They'll likely fail a few subjects this year despite all my efforts. They're developing the liberal millennial attitude in many ways and it's painful for me and my wife to experience. They've snubbed religion saying it's stupid and have been spouting out that being called out or corrected is abuse. Breaks my heart because we were inseparable once. I worry as they get older how much worse it will get. Not sure what's going on with today's youth but I'm keeping faith that it's only a blip or momentary lapse and they'll be right as rain soon enough.

I'm sure your son will find the right path. You're doing everything you can and I'm sure it will pay off and you and your son will be best friends once again. He'll see how much you love him and what you're doing for him. Stay strong and keep the faith.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

limbkiller likes this.
  9. limbkiller

Aug 18, 2011
  10. limbkiller

Aug 18, 2011
  11. jaydoc

jaydoc i'm riding a turtle!

Aug 10, 2012
    Sorry for your heartache,Ed. Hope he gets his sh!t together and you can salvage a relationship.

ronin11, tac45 and limbkiller like this.
  12. limbkiller

Aug 18, 2011
  13. limbkiller

Aug 18, 2011
  14. Hunt5877

Hunt5877 Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Jan 27, 2019
    Maybe it's the turning point for your son to get the help he needs, hopefully when he gets out and he's not in prison he'll understand and appreciate the love and support you've given him. Sounds like you've done more for him than many would have in a similar situation, hope he gets clean and ya'll are able to reconnect.

limbkiller likes this.
  15. 41 Charlie

41 Charlie Get off my lawn...

Feb 4, 2014
    It’s certainly a bitter pill. Prayers sent, brother.

limbkiller likes this.
  16. 1911 dawg

1911 dawg Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2018
    It's a good start for your son . I hope he will get to some meetings when he gets out of rehab.When you cross over in addiction you can not stay clean and sober on willpower .Prayers for your son and your family . It 's really one day at a time.

ronin11 and limbkiller like this.
  17. limbkiller

Aug 18, 2011
  18. limbkiller

Aug 18, 2011
  19. limbkiller

Aug 18, 2011
  20. limbkiller

Aug 18, 2011

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted