1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Get off my lawn...
15,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few “current” pictures of my Evolution Armory built Colt Custom Carry. She started life as a light weight Commander, chambered in 38 Super. After a few years, the original front night sight went dead. As a replacement, Chuck Rogers installed one of his Classic golf ball front sights. She’s getting a little time on her, but I dig the subtle wear on the high edges. This light weight Commander seems to run best with hotter loads. She’s been a great 1911 over the years. Thought I’d share some current pictures of this old traveler.

Gun Wood Firearm Trigger Gun accessory
Wood Iron Chipmunk
Trunk Number Silver Bicycle accessory
Gun Brown Wood Firearm Trigger
Wood Trunk Grey Carbon
Wood Gun Firearm White Trigger

·
Registered
3,678 Posts
Like fine wine! Very nice!

Reactions: 41 Charlie

·
Registered
53 Posts
Very nice.

The skip line checkered grips remind me of my late Uncle's 9mm Commander he used to keep in the center console of his truck. His was an older Colt with an old Micro rear sight. Nice guns.

·
Get off my lawn...
15,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Sweet piece!

How do you like the front sight?
My “go to” sight combo is a gold bead up front, and a black ‘U’ notch rear sight. But I thought I’d try Chuck Rogers Golfball. Although it doesn’t collect & reflect light like a gold bead, she pops very well in her own right! It jumps right out, and is very easy to pick up! Overall, I’m very impressed with the white ball front sight.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts