1911 Firearm Addicts banner

21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,203 Posts
Oh, I’m well aware sir. And I’m definitely very thankful to live in a county with a good sheriff.
Kern used to be, I have no idea if it still is.
my state does not have reciprocity laws regarding permits.
Not unusual. Best to keep up to date with which states does and which state doesn't.

·
Fictional Western Sage
2,070 Posts
my state does not have reciprocity laws regarding permits.
Mine does. A whole bunch of them.

The whole lefty coast is out, as are Omarville, Ihlinoise, Coumoville, Merryland, Rod Island, Sopranoville, Kennedyville, and Warshintonne Dee Cee.

Guess I need not visit any of them there places...

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Excellent comments by everyone... Thank you...

Here is a fantastic website that hopefully the link will work. It's a Concealed Carry map of the USA. Click on your own state that you live in, and the 49 other states will light up in various colors.

Yellow = you're free and clear and your own states' CWP will be honored by other states.
Lt Brown = you're "sort of" okay, but with that particular states' own restrictions.
Dark Blue = No way, Jose... Don't even think it... Don't even go there... Stay away...

https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/resources/ccw_reciprocity_map/

·
Fictional Western Sage
2,070 Posts
Excellent comments by everyone... Thank you...

Here is a fantastic website that hopefully the link will work. It's a Concealed Carry map of the USA. Click on your own state that you live in, and the 49 other states will light up in various colors.

Yellow = you're free and clear and your own states' CWP will be honored by other states.
Lt Brown = you're "sort of" okay, but with that particular states' own restrictions.
Dark Blue = No way, Jose... Don't even think it... Don't even go there... Stay away...

https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/resources/ccw_reciprocity_map/
That organizations map is not correct for a Texas LTC. It shows Maine being a yes, when it is not according to Texas DPS and the Maine State Police

It is prudent to check with the actual issuing agencies in any state to find out if your permit is honored in that particular state, not depend on third party websites

·
Fictional Western Sage
2,070 Posts

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Here in PA every 5 years I go to the Sheriff's office , take my filled out form, pay $20, get my pic taken. Two weeks or so I get my new one. I do have a Utah one also, just renewed after 5 years. Filled out paperwork online, uploaded a new pic, paid with CC, two weeks had my new permit.

·
Premium Member
4,203 Posts
Here in PA every 5 years I go to the Sheriff's office , take my filled out form, pay $20, get my pic taken. Two weeks or so I get my new one. I do have a Utah one also, just renewed after 5 years. Filled out paperwork online, uploaded a new pic, paid with CC, two weeks had my new permit.
Utah is issuing non resident CCWs?

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Yes, I got it 5 years ago, they have a class you have to sit through, take a test, they take your original pic you sign where needed and send it in. They have classes through gun clubs, sportsman clubs around here a few times a year, I think it cost me $80 plus the permit cost to Utah. Legal carry in a majority of the states.

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
Here in SC it usually takes 90 days to get a renewal CCW so I fill out the internet form and pay the fee 90 days before the expiration date.

The COVID virus works in mysterious ways. This year I received my renewal permit in THREE DAYS!

Go figure.

·
Premium Member
4,203 Posts
Yes, I got it 5 years ago, they have a class you have to sit through, take a test, they take your original pic you sign where needed and send it in. They have classes through gun clubs, sportsman clubs around here a few times a year, I think it cost me $80 plus the permit cost to Utah. Legal carry in a majority of the states.
@DWdude
Which state do you live in?

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
In 2004 Colorado became a "shall issue" state after previously being "may issue". Permits are good for 5 years, renewals in my county were done on an appointment basis and issued on the spot. Post covid it's on a "drop in" basis" for both renewals and new permit applications. You have to have proof of "in person" training meeting the various state requirements for a new permit. A new permit is $152.50 and a renewal is $63.

Upon renewal you're handed a letter stating that if anything shows up in a deeper background check you must surrender the permit until/if the disqualifying issue is remedied/upheld.

The local jurisdiction has 90 days though prior to covid most counties were running faster. Denver and a few of the blue locales typically take the maximum. Once issued you must have an additional form of state i.d. (driver's license, state i.d. card if not a driver) on your person along with the permit.

·
Just me
251 Posts
NH is constitutional carry state no permit needed to carry open or concealed but its a good idea to apply for a permit for the reciprocity states

·
Fictional Western Sage
2,070 Posts
I read it, but said nothing about being a non resident. You mean you can just go up to Utah and get a CCW as a non resident?
Or one could go to Arizona...
https://www.azdps.gov/services/public/cwp
The issue with getting a non-resident permit is that some states for example Colorado, will honor a LTC from a state if one is a resident, but not a non-resident permit issued by that other state.

21 - 40 of 54 Posts