1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
We Are!
2,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
According to recently declassified documents, FBI HRT agents received specialized training by which, when in a pinch and caught without spike-strips, they could sling their Springfield Armory Custom Shop 1911s into the path of a fleeing vehicle, using the super-sharp frontstrap checkering to shred the miscreant’s tires.

...okay, okay...I made all that crap up. Still, though - don’t the teeth on this SA Pro look nice?! 😀

·
Registered
4,697 Posts
The shop that does SA’s checkering does some nice work. I’ve had them checker and do some front strap treatments other guns.
Which shop does the work on the Pro?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
We Are!
2,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
LOL - if you say so! I have no idea what it “costs” SA but I can attest that it works pretty darn well. Maybe not shredding-tires-well, but well nonetheless. 😁

Reactions: Sonic Ox and Dub

·
We Are!
2,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It’s too much for me, during extended range times. My girly hands don’t like it.
I was a little surprised that MY hands didn’t react negatively to it after reading about how aggressive it was. First session was 450-ish rounds and I was okay, though I do believe my dishpan digits left some flakes behind for sure haha...

·
born in the wrong century
5,060 Posts
Very sweet pistola.

Great acquisition !!!

Looking forward to reading your review. I've always admired the Pros.

I have 20 lpi on three of my guns. I wish I had it on all of 'em.

Excellent feel.

·
born in the wrong century
5,060 Posts
Which shop does the work on the Pro?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I always assumed it was done by SACS.

In fact, another of my assumptions was that SACS had severely reduced their options for customers so they could "catch up" on their Pros & their other semi-custom pistolas.

Interesting to hear otherwise. If there is some guy doing their checkering....he could hire a few more folks and make a good run at taking the business the SACS turned away.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Love everything about my Pro including the front strap. Have been considering the same checkering on my stock Colt Mark IV series 80. Ever since I got that Pro, the smooth front strap on that Colt just won't do. I run wrap around Pachmayr on the Colt for as close a feel as I can get lol.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts