Too good to be true?

Discussion in '1911 Gunsmithing' started by ForesterPumice, Dec 7, 2016.

1. ForesterPumice

ForesterPumice Not a Gunsmith, but learning more everyday.

Sep 23, 2016
    4140 , Bomar cut, front fiber Optic sight
    $99???? Gives me the too good to be trues...wish they had it in 38 super.

They LOOK exactly like a para ordnance pro custom, but blank and with a normal extractor hole.

Has anyone ever done business with this company, Blackthorne? I've been hoping to find a used slide from a member for that price, I'm waiting another week or so ,then trying one.

From web site description --
    " the 1911A1 .45 ACP pistol. This full length slide is made from 4140 Chrome moly steel and is hardened to Rc 44-46 throughout for a lifetime of service. This slide is machined to the MIl Spec for mating parts so any mil spec parts or series 70 frames will fit. The slide has both front and rear cocking serrations, a lowered and flared ejection port for positive ejection, the rear is machined for adjustable sights"

If you buy 10, it's 85 each, I don't suppose 9 other people want to try out a group buy?

http://blackthorneproducts.com/cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=560

2. azpoolguy

azpoolguy Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2013
    I know you like to tinker but........

I personally always choose the Springfield Mil-Spec. If you buy one at $500 it breaks out to $200 for a frame ,$200 for a slide and $100 for a barrel if you throw the rest away or experiment on all the small parts.

3. JBhunter45

JBhunter45 Member

Dec 18, 2014
    Blackthorne doesn't have the best reputation in the Galil world.

4. PaulM

PaulM Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2016
    Seems to be up your alley, I wouldn't spend $100 on it without positive reviews from folks I trusts. Palmetto state sometimes list them for sale (they had/have frames recently) for around 120 and those are remsport. I'd check around or at least call and find out who actually manufactures the slide....

5. ForesterPumice

ForesterPumice Not a Gunsmith, but learning more everyday.

Sep 23, 2016
    Good call, I'll do that. And check return policy. I happen to have a couple Bo Mar sights, not my favorite look.clunky.

Anyone know if Kimber series 1 sights would fit in that slot?

I forgot all about palmetto state thank you

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted