1911 Firearm Addicts banner

To Stipple or not to Stipple

• Yes do it the additional grip is better than a cleaner look.

Votes: 20 74.1%
  • No keep the pistol with a cleaner look .

Votes: 7 25.9%
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have Don Williams working on an Alloy BHP. It is pretty basic build.

Hi-Power deluxe trigger job - includes Garthwaite wide trigger, and barstock hammer and sear Hi-Power Reliability package
Bevel magazine well
Fabricate extended thumb safety
Business End Customs Rear Sight
Gold Dot Front sight
Crown barrel at 11 degrees & polish
Cerakote in Elite Series Blackout

It wears black Navidrex thing Micarta grips. I didn't originally spec stippling the front and rear strap. I have done that on other BHPs from Don, Yost and Garthwaite etc.... but I my initial thought was to leave this one with a cleaner look. This sort of a backup to my other Alloy BHP and it might see some carry duty but it certainly won't be a high use pistol. The Yost and the Garthwaite get most of the range use while the current Williams gun gets the most carry time. Thoughts?

Here is a pic of Don stippling.

·
Every day is Saturday and every night's a party!
7,829 Posts
This ^^^^^^. Do it.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Man you guys are great at helping me spend more money. LOL

·
Every day is Saturday and every night's a party!
7,829 Posts
Reactions: FWoo45 and WVsig

·
Premium Member
816 Posts
I find stippling very adequate up to the 9mm level; 45 ACP I want checkering or something like Wilson's X-tac or Brown's snakeskin. Stippling feels a little slippery with the AcP. Love my stippled 38 Super on a 5 inch Colt frame. Subtle, but plenty of grip. On polymer - stippling is fine on 9mm; never shot a polymer 45. On Glocks specifically stipple, or just give me the RTF2 finish and call it done. The Gen 5 is good as it comes - probably putting a lot or stippling guys out of work.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.