1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
714 Posts
I have expensive hobbies that wax and wane, mostly because I have just enough disposable income to indulge one of them at a time. I went through my AR phase for most of my 20s. NFA in my 30s. 1911s in my 40s. At the moment, most of my disposable income is going towards woodworking. So I get the idea of breaking free from a rut with a rotation of interests.

·
Consider my signature line before replying . . . .
14,799 Posts
Yup. Starting to feel one coming on. Can't afford the "next level" and have used all the "cheat codes" on this level.

Kinda like Doom II after you learn IDBEHOLD and conquer all the levels but can't afford the new Alienware PC required to run the latest and greatest software.

I'm stuck in a virtual Windows 3.11 gun world when Windows 12 has just been released . . . .

·
middle aged white guy
5,654 Posts
now that I am rebuilding the collection, it becomes a "which ones do I want to replace, and how". example...the old trp was stainless. do I want stainless? the 9mm was an xse….never finding one of those...what will replace it?

a first world problem, sure... but, now brood over it.

·
старая каза
594 Posts
I've never really gotten tired of shooting. I just get tired of certain calibers. 9 is the worst because I own more handguns in 9mm than any other caliber. When that happens, though, I'll get a few revolvers out and take them to the range but, yeah, I go thru 'phases' like everyone else I suppose.

·
Avatar is back to my favorite things!
9,776 Posts
I had to start over on my addiction. the whole "medical bills" thing.
Moneys hard with the medical bill problem. I have pretty good insurance but ALWAYS have medical bills I owe (wife has MS and I’m diabetic) have learned to roll with the bills and still keep my numismatics and firearms, motorcycles etc!!!

·
Professional Pest, NRA Patron member
2,618 Posts
I have my car and gun addictions. I try to enjoy them to my limit. After a long period of N frame S&W addiction, I went into the FN Mauser style rifles, then I went more into the 1911 addiction. Now I've gone back to my original gun addiction, shotguns. Now I'm starting to feel the need to begin looking into another car.

·
Make it a double
16,772 Posts
I have my car and gun addictions. I try to enjoy them to my limit. After a long period of N frame S&W addiction, I went into the FN Mauser style rifles, then I went more into the 1911 addiction. Now I've gone back to my original gun addiction, shotguns. Now I'm starting to feel the need to begin looking into another car.
Your car’s paint scheme is intoxicating. I’m not a fan of a whole lot of GM(Holden)vehicles but that color and their pearl white are extremely well done.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
I’ve been through phases in my gun life but have been pretty much stuck on 1911’s for about a decade. If it weren’t for trucks, trailers, tractors, cows, and deer hunting, I’d have more money to spend on 1911’s...

·
2,618 Posts
Thanks, if Holden hadn't been shut down, I'd be looking at another one when the time comes. Now I don't have many good options to choose from.

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
I'm in the lane of 1911 for 45 years.
Yep shoot other stuff on a regular basis but the 1911's are always in the mix.

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Oh I like Joni Lynn's N frame addiction. My first gun was a 629 no dash 8 3/8" barrel in the S&W presentation case.
yep
you did it!
you made me miss mine. HAd the same I think it was 1978 or 79. Miss that gun.
Shot it so much the frame got longer and Smith replaced it. When S&W replaced it I got a 61/2".
Still miss the 83/8

·
2,618 Posts
I have N frames in 38 Special, 357, 44 Special, 44 Magnum, 45 Colt and 45 ACP. I passed on one in a 44-40. Just no love for that round. Most of the N frames fall in a small age range of late 80s to early 90s. I mostly adopt my stuff to use more than to collect.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts