Took a break

Discussion in 'General 1911 talk' started by Jrock9, Mar 6, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Jrock9

Jrock9 Well-Known Member

Sep 3, 2019
    I took a break from addicts and got going on a ar15 kick then some lever guns but i am back baby!! You guys ever just need a gear change in life when your cruising along and realize your not going anywere and get there slowly.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2020
  2. FWoo45

FWoo45 Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2017
    Nope. Gear/gun additions, sure, 1911's, AR's, and sweet, sweet, smooth bores are constants though. I hang out here because of the folks. YMMV.

Kip, cgff, Colorado Sonny and 4 others like this.

3. JohnnyEgo

JohnnyEgo Well-Known Member

May 17, 2017
    I have expensive hobbies that wax and wane, mostly because I have just enough disposable income to indulge one of them at a time. I went through my AR phase for most of my 20s. NFA in my 30s. 1911s in my 40s. At the moment, most of my disposable income is going towards woodworking. So I get the idea of breaking free from a rut with a rotation of interests.

4. Babboonbobo

Babboonbobo Avatar is back to my favorite things!

Nov 18, 2014
    Sorry, I don’t do ruts! Wife won’t allow it.

5. fallenangelhim

fallenangelhim chicken wings

Jan 18, 2018
    I go through guns, my car (nothing fancy, a 2019 WRX), tools and watches.

Colorado Sonny likes this.
  6. AZ Husker

AZ Husker Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Oct 14, 2017
    Many folks have "gone thru the 1911 stage" just to find out they had it right all along.

7. jakebrake

jakebrake middle aged white guy

Mar 27, 2013
    I had to start over on my addiction. the whole "medical bills" thing.

Kip, Mike Meints, Badabing11 and 4 others like this.
  8. ZoidMeister

ZoidMeister Consider my signature line before replying . . . .

Dec 4, 2014
    Yup. Starting to feel one coming on. Can't afford the "next level" and have used all the "cheat codes" on this level.

Kinda like Doom II after you learn IDBEHOLD and conquer all the levels but can't afford the new Alienware PC required to run the latest and greatest software.

I'm stuck in a virtual Windows 3.11 gun world when Windows 12 has just been released . . . .

rmac, Series70, Badabing11 and 8 others like this.
  9. jakebrake

jakebrake middle aged white guy

Mar 27, 2013
    now that I am rebuilding the collection, it becomes a "which ones do I want to replace, and how". example...the old trp was stainless. do I want stainless? the 9mm was an xse….never finding one of those...what will replace it?

a first world problem, sure... but, now brood over it.

Badabing11 and Colorado Sonny like this.
  10. Zippy

Zippy старая каза Supporting Addict

May 14, 2016
    I've never really gotten tired of shooting. I just get tired of certain calibers. 9 is the worst because I own more handguns in 9mm than any other caliber. When that happens, though, I'll get a few revolvers out and take them to the range but, yeah, I go thru 'phases' like everyone else I suppose.

11. Babboonbobo

Babboonbobo Avatar is back to my favorite things!

Nov 18, 2014
    Moneys hard with the medical bill problem. I have pretty good insurance but ALWAYS have medical bills I owe (wife has MS and I’m diabetic) have learned to roll with the bills and still keep my numismatics and firearms, motorcycles etc!!!

12. Joni Lynn

Joni Lynn Professional Pest, NRA Patron member

Dec 21, 2014
    I have my car and gun addictions. I try to enjoy them to my limit. After a long period of N frame S&W addiction, I went into the FN Mauser style rifles, then I went more into the 1911 addiction. Now I've gone back to my original gun addiction, shotguns. Now I'm starting to feel the need to begin looking into another car.

Kip, Mike Meints, Badabing11 and 7 others like this.
  13. Ethanol Red

Ethanol Red Make it a double Supporting Addict

Jul 12, 2015
    Your car’s paint scheme is intoxicating. I’m not a fan of a whole lot of GM(Holden)vehicles but that color and their pearl white are extremely well done.

14. retrieverman

retrieverman Well-Known Member

May 16, 2013
    I’ve been through phases in my gun life but have been pretty much stuck on 1911’s for about a decade. If it weren’t for trucks, trailers, tractors, cows, and deer hunting, I’d have more money to spend on 1911’s...

Kip, cgff, ACP and 2 others like this.
  15. wobblie

wobblie Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2014
    No truer words ever written.

Badabing11, Hardball, cgff and 2 others like this.
  16. Joni Lynn

Dec 21, 2014
    Thanks, if Holden hadn't been shut down, I'd be looking at another one when the time comes. Now I don't have many good options to choose from.

Raylan Givens and Colorado Sonny like this.
  17. Apollo99

Apollo99 Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2017
    Oh I like Joni Lynn's N frame addiction. My first gun was a 629 no dash 8 3/8" barrel in the S&W presentation case.

18. jcc7x7

jcc7x7 Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2019
    I'm in the lane of 1911 for 45 years.
    Yep shoot other stuff on a regular basis but the 1911's are always in the mix.

Raylan Givens and Colorado Sonny like this.
  19. jcc7x7

jcc7x7 Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2019
    yep
    you did it!
    you made me miss mine. HAd the same I think it was 1978 or 79. Miss that gun.
    Shot it so much the frame got longer and Smith replaced it. When S&W replaced it I got a 61/2".
    Still miss the 83/8

Colorado Sonny and Apollo99 like this.
  20. Joni Lynn

Dec 21, 2014
    I have N frames in 38 Special, 357, 44 Special, 44 Magnum, 45 Colt and 45 ACP. I passed on one in a 44-40. Just no love for that round. Most of the N frames fall in a small age range of late 80s to early 90s. I mostly adopt my stuff to use more than to collect.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2020

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted