1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Detail stripped my Kimber Custom II today to try to get rid of some pretravel. I got rid of a little. Not quite as much as I hoped. Trigger is good, although seems lighter than when I started.

The biggest problem I had was reassmbly and getting the Swartz pin to function. It was sticking up, and would not completely move down. I am not quite sure what I did wrong, but I think I had the pretravel tabs overly adjusted before I bent them back a bit. Could that affect the Swartz lever? Doesn't seem so, but I can't think of anything else I did different after the last tear down and assemble.

As per it feeling lighter now, is this something to be worried about? I don't have a trigger pull scale, but it does feel lighter by a bit. Could just be my perception.

Learned a lot at least, and it will be easier to deal with next time.

TIA

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Put a Wolff sear spring in it. Feels nice and crisp now, and a little less light than the mangled factory spring. As a plus, the grip safety has a better feel to it, for me anyway.

·
Avatar is back to my favorite things!
9,776 Posts
I have a custom ll that I have yet to completely tear down, only about 6-700 rounds thru it. It functions perfectly, had since day one and I really hate to screw it up! If it can be screwed up I'm sure I can do it:)

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a custom ll that I have yet to completely tear down, only about 6-700 rounds thru it. It functions perfectly, had since day one and I really hate to screw it up! If it can be screwed up I'm sure I can do it:)
It was worth trouble,in my case. There were quite a few burs on the fire control parts, which I cleaned up, and it operates much more smoothly now.

After thinking about it, I realized that I had trouble reassembling the first time and I must have wedged the sear spring with the MSH(don't ask how). That is what caused the light trigger pull. The tab at the base of the SS had flattened slightly. All better now!

Quite a learning experience, though I wouldn't recommend it to anyone just the same. lol People need to make that decision without influence from other tinkerers.

·
CEO of DILLIGAF industries
8,484 Posts
I resemble that remark .

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, I don't feel SO bad about buggering up the sear spring now. lol

At least it is working better than new now.

·
Avatar is back to my favorite things!
9,776 Posts
Oh, that's a problem! I like to tinker, just wonder if I can get one of buddies to let me help them fix their 1911 because mine run so well;)
I think they might fall for it, they don't stalk this forum!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts