Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Took the P7 Plunge!

Discussion in 'Autoloaders' started by Robert Scott, Mar 13, 2018.

1. Robert Scott

Robert Scott Active Member

Dec 21, 2017
    So I’ve been jonesing for one of these for a while and have been looking for a cost effective way to get into the P7 game. I’ve fired one once and found it to be a pretty interesting firearm.

I think I took the bait this time based on the great videos on TFBtv and my never ending quest to own every major gun in Die Hard. :)

This one shows a decent amount of wear, which I don’t really care about. And comes with a leather holster to boot.

I know nothing about importers, models, or what makes one more prized than the other. But I’m very excited to get this one on my hip.

What do I need to know fellow P7 fans?

2. FWoo45

FWoo45 The whole world is about three drinks behind. Supporting Addict

Jan 13, 2017
    This cracked me up. Sounds like a great reason to buy a gun!
    1911wheelsnomore and Babboonbobo like this.

3. Joni Lynn

Joni Lynn Professional Pest, NRA Endowment member Supporting Addict

Dec 21, 2014
    Congrats. I've always had the desire for one of those. My desire to own one however is outweighed by cost. I hope you get a lot of enjoyment from it.
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
    Greg6640 likes this.
  4. ZoidMeister

ZoidMeister Consider my signature line before replying . . . . Supporting Addict

Dec 4, 2014
    Probably a lot better reason than Zoid has for most of his acquisitions . . . . . . . . . .

I've only got two "movie guns" that I know of . . . . .

AMT Longslide 45 - 002.JPG

COP #4.jpg

This one is "close." If it were only about 0.04" larger . . . . . .

460 XVR-03.jpg

Get the Pig.jpg
    Hardball, ronin11, blitz45 and 5 others like this.
  5. 5GUNS

5GUNS WHEELS & 1911'S Supporting Addict

May 12, 2015
  6. Zaugau

Zaugau Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2017
    Very cool, nice pickup!
    I liked mine more as a collectible at first, but then I finally started getting the accuracy it is known for. Dunno if it was just me or the ammo.

Looks like you got 2 mags for it too! Only 1 mag for mine, they're just so expensive.
    ronin11 likes this.
  7. Robert Scott

Dec 21, 2017

Oh man. Probably should have picked this one up the.

8. tgoldie00

tgoldie00 Active Member

Jan 9, 2018
    Bad Boys with Will Smith. Was presented at the end of the movie by the antagonist Fouchet.
    1911wheelsnomore likes this.
  9. Gimpster

Gimpster Kevin G Supporting Addict

Apr 6, 2017
    I was wondering where I've seen these! These are cool looking! Congrats!
  10. ZoidMeister

ZoidMeister Consider my signature line before replying . . . . Supporting Addict

Dec 4, 2014
    Oldest to newest (most notable movies):

Blade Runner - Leon Kowalski (Brion James)
    Bad Boys - Fouchet (Tcherky Karyo)
    The Matrix Reloaded - Persephone (Monica Bellucci)
    21 Jump Street - Jenko & Schmidt (Channing Tatum / Jonah Hill)
    Captain America: The Winter Soldier - The Winter Soldier (Sebastian Stan)
    tgoldie00 likes this.
  11. ZoidMeister

Dec 4, 2014
    1911wheelsnomore likes this.
  12. WVsig

WVsig Active Member

Mar 8, 2018
    Congrats. Get your self a glove because they got hot after just a few mags. They can burn you. The P7M8s and 13s have a heat shield IIRC which helps but they also get hot. After 50 rounds you have to put it down and let it cool.

If it did not come with one look to get your hands on a carbon scraper. If you are going to shoot the gun you will eventually need it. I think the actual HK scraper is discontinued but this one would work.

They are real tack drivers for their size. I don't shoot mine very much anymore but I am not parting with it. Enjoy it.
  13. Hardball

Hardball Member

Oct 19, 2017
    Congratulations on the HK.:cool:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
  14. BuckyP

BuckyP Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Sep 15, 2011
    Very cool acquisition. Congrats.
  15. Ethanol Red

Ethanol Red Make it a double Supporting Addict

Jul 12, 2015
    Very nice pickup. They are really neat little guns. I love the old ads. CB3CBF6F-5512-436F-AD9C-BAA4C0F5D077.jpeg
    ZoidMeister likes this.
  16. Kram

Kram New Member

Dec 30, 2017
    Congrats! The P7 is German engineering at its best. As you will soon find out the P7 is extremely accurate due to the fixed barrel. I am a big P7 fan owning many through the years. HK announced this year that they are no longer supporting the P7. These guns were extremely well built and issues are very rare. Due to age, spare parts are good to have to keep the gun running just in case.

The most important spare parts to have on hand is the firing pin bushing and the drop safety spring as many consider them to be the weak parts on the P7 and first to go if something breaks. Other good parts to have on hand are the springs. Trigger Spring, Extractor Spring, Firing Pin Spring, Firing Pin Rebound Spring, Sear Lever Spring, and Recoil Spring.

I never had a single issue and have over 10k rounds through my main shooter P7M8. Enjoy the gun as they don't make them like this anymore.
  17. Robert Scott

Dec 21, 2017

Thanks to everyone for the tips. It didn’t come with the scraper so I’ll need to buy it. Gun arrived today with a wonderfully broken in leather IWB holster.

Took it out to the range for 50 quick rounds. My first impression... this thing is stout. It’s heavy, the recoil spring is strong and different than almost any other 9mm in that I feel like this goes off with a “thud” vs “crack.”

Accuracy, as other noted was good. The target on the left is at 15 feet with relatively rapid fire. The right target is eight rounds with a six o clock hold off hand at 25 yards. I’m terrible with three dot sights and found it easy to pull this to the low left.

I also felt it was a bit more difficult to maintain a strong grip while shooting. That being said, it conceals very well and I really like the design.
    Ethanol Red likes this.
  18. Jeff

Jeff Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Feb 17, 2013
    I guess you could call me a P7 addict. I own over 30 at the present time.

Find you some Nill grips for that P7 for a stronger grip.

If you ever have a problem with your P7, go on over to HKPro and and speak to James (Marine0303) who is a certified HK Armorer.
    Ethanol Red and Robert Scott like this.
  19. Tommy715

Tommy715 New Member

Mar 9, 2018
    That’s a great gun, and not bad shooting either! Enjoy!
  20. Ethanol Red

Ethanol Red Make it a double Supporting Addict

Jul 12, 2015
    Resident bad ass. Truth.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Draft saved Draft deleted