Tooties Famous Italian Beef

Discussion in 'Munchies' started by The War Wagon, Nov 4, 2018.

1. The War Wagon

The War Wagon Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2018
    FWoo45, Kip, Scaramouche and 2 others like this.
  2. pistolwretch

pistolwretch Dremel jockey Supporting Addict

Aug 26, 2011
    DANG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I could sure go for a good Italian Beef sammich!!!!!!
    Few and far between here in the SouthWest.

boatdoc, FWoo45 and ImperialBlade like this.

3. Karsten

Karsten Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2013
    Makes me think of Grinders 13 in SLC and their Turkey Sub and their Chili Sauce

Karsten

4. pistolwretch

pistolwretch Dremel jockey Supporting Addict

Aug 26, 2011
    I remember as a young sprout, my dad getting home from his job at Rochester Products/Delco just after midnight.
    About twice a month he'd stop by a joint in a bad neighborhood and pick up a couple sammiches.
    Usually I would semi-awaken when he got home partially due to his oil/factory smell. Made me feel secure.......Dad is home.
    But on those nights that he brought home the sammiches, I was allowed to get up and enjoy a very late night dinner!

livinthelife, simonp, isialk and 7 others like this.
  5. Karsten

Karsten Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2013
    I couldn't stop myself......

The one that gets me is a Coal Fired Stove.....I remember that growing up and now and then I get a whiff and it takes me right back to Manti, Utah

Karsten

boatdoc likes this.
  6. isialk

isialk Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Jan 7, 2017
    Great recollection. Much the same with my dad. When he got home on the weekends from 3-11 at the bottle house mom would let my sister and I stay up. Always brought home fried chicken and burgers from a little dive down the street. The burgers were....10 for a buck. The four of us sitting at the kitchen table at midnight laughing and talking and eating. Thinking about it now, I think nothing ever tasted better. Iā€™d give about anything to do that one more time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trashy likes this.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted