Tornado 15 miles southwest of my Home~!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Integrity Arms, May 27, 2019.

1. Integrity Arms

Integrity Arms 1911 Pistol Smith

Mar 20, 2017
    We just had a Tornado wipe out several miles of homes and roadway just west of Celina, Ohio city limits. I lived there for 23 years and just moved out here in Rural Rockford 5 years ago. For the first 18-20 years I lived in this area we had no Tornados at all and in the last 5-8 years we have had a total of 6.. It used to be when they called for a Tornado watch or warning I paid no attention at all, it just didn't happen here. Now in the last several years it seems nobody is immune..

Does anyone else see the increase in weather catastrophes in the last decade? We are due for the big one folks, and it's no joke I hate to say it, but I thoroughly believe that Yellowstone, or something similar is just on the horizon. There is just too many signs all over, our weather has changed drastically in the last decade. It has recently been reported that in the last 5 years the amount of Tornado's have increased 400% that's right 400% wow that is a really significant increase.

I know one thing when they say Tornado watch or warning now, I am off to the basement with my wife and my Kids (Cats) I don't shrug my shoulders anymore and say yeah right. I take notice and realize it's no longer a joke..

Tornado.jpg

2. xerts1191

xerts1191 Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2017

3. Integrity Arms

Mar 20, 2017
    Now I just hear that the most destructive Tornado of the year just hit Dayton Ohio, that is just about 1 hour south east of me. And I was planning on heading that way tomorrow, might be a change of plans.. Wow, this weather, on top of that the flooding in our area has also not let up and we have a 7 day straight forecast of continued rain.

4. xerts1191

xerts1191 Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2017
    Stay safe you all, heed the warnings!

BigJimP likes this.
  5. Babboonbobo

Babboonbobo Avatar is back to my favorite things!

Nov 18, 2014
    Your definitely in a more active area than I Steve! Seen the news of a few bad ones down that way over the years, thinking Van Wert a few years back!

I’ve seen fewer here in northern Ohio the last 10 years or so, we used to get a couple small ones every year.
    About 8 years ago there was a news van doing video about the weather here in Fremont and they just by chance got film of a tornado just south of our location and turns out the video showed the tornado about 1/4 mile directly behind our house and we were watching the news as we saw our house on tv with the tornado in the background!!!
    That was WEIRD, we never even heard it?! The sirens went off AFTER it went through.

boatdoc, Steve Owens and FWoo45 like this.
  6. SARCOM

SARCOM New Member

Nov 11, 2017
    Wow Steve, You and your family will be in our thoughts and prayers...
    Weather has been strange the last few years

Last edited: May 28, 2019
    A45GUNNER, boatdoc and Steve Owens like this.
  7. Integrity Arms

Mar 20, 2017
    Yeah Van Wert has gotten some really bad ones in recent years and they used to nearly always go North of us, not it seems they have shifted south, maybe Jet stream has changed some. But, I was still doing construction when that one in Van Wert hit that went through a bunch of properties up there and a storage building that I ended up rebuilding and putting up a new one up that way.

8. Fred_G

Fred_G Known Agitator

Dec 29, 2015
    A town 30 miles from me got hit by a tornado a month ago. I had no idea how bad it was until I drove through it for a job interview...

A few years ago, the bed liner and contents of the truck I was driving were sucked out by a tornado, I felt the truck sliding on the road, scary ****. Honestly, I think some of it is better radar and tech. Weather changes have been cyclical for a LONG time. But yeah, if you are in a tornado area, go to that basement if you get the warning.

This was filmed (by someone who did not stay inside...) about 1/4 mile from where I was driving the truck.

9. Dallas Knight

Dallas Knight Max Otto von Stierlitz

Jun 22, 2015
    Thirty-five killed in Ohio during an 18 hour period in 1974.
    [​IMG]

I was in the Madison County (KY) one above which killed three people where I was. Also been in an F2, here in Texas which caused me about $10K property damage. Heed the warnings!

Last edited: May 28, 2019
    Steve Owens and Fred_G like this.
  10. FWoo45

FWoo45 Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2017
    My "likes" in this thread aren't really that. Scary stuff. Mother Nature is a scary bitch that is not to be trifled with. Stay safe my friend.

11. Glock2740

Glock2740 1911 addict Staff Member Moderator

Aug 16, 2011
    Come on down to Oklahoma.
    You’ll forget all about your twister problems. ;)

Busa Dave, A45GUNNER, gaijin and 3 others like this.
  12. Integrity Arms

Mar 20, 2017
    I hear ya, Tornado Valley no thank ya.. It's just kind of weird here cause went so long without any and not even close to being prepared or expecting them.. I know from what I seen of the one we had just before I left Celina 5 years ago, actually was just a 1/4 mile behind my house. Now that was a close call, and we didn't even know it started or formed that close to us. Now they are starting to get much better warning systems, but really can't prepare for something like that, of course I don't need to tell you that..

Glock2740 and boatdoc like this.
  13. boatdoc

boatdoc Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2015
    tornados,fires and hurricanes can ruin your life for sure. glad you escaped.

hope those affected recover soon

Steve Owens and Glock2740 like this.
  14. boatdoc

boatdoc Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2015
    generators and fuel. a full gas tank in the cars , drinking water, flashlights, packaged food that doe s not require heating and is easy to open. extra clothes and a safe place to hide these are the basics

Steve Owens likes this.
  15. Bender

Bender Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 15, 2011
    Hate tornados, so much more so than Hurricanes.
    Was near OKC with the ef5 hit in 1999. Some darn scary crap.

Hope all is well with you and yours SO. Well wishes and prayers for those in the impacted area

Buck Buck and Steve Owens like this.
  16. 1911fanatic

1911fanatic Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2011
    I’m just south of Dayton. We had sirens, lightning, but didn’t lose power or have any rain. Seems that Mercer and auglaize counties in Ohio get a lot of severe weather.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steve Owens likes this.
  17. Hairtrigger

Hairtrigger Active Member

Sep 27, 2018
    I do remember Xenia Ohio getting hit with. Tornado in the 1970s.
    Generally tornados do an incredible amount of damage in a limited area

Steve Owens likes this.
  18. Integrity Arms

Mar 20, 2017
    Dayton area got hit extremely hard, they are talking possibly a week without power.

19. tac45

tac45 What me worry ? Supporting Addict

Mar 4, 2012
    @Steve Owens , in order to protect your thriving business,
    Your friends at TTT offer you several ways to protect your investment.

09AEFD29-E3FE-43E2-B7C1-EDF41E7E5A36.jpeg
    Or :
    Our Chief Daredevil @Kip , manning the TTT tornado terminator is available to come to your aid :
    324118F3-E2B4-4C61-988C-0F3854F4FF83.jpeg
    He will implant the TTT tornado sucker on your property
    E1CABEF4-D140-488B-B00E-3E62BF7459A9.jpeg
    And let it work keeping you safe ( never again worry about tornados)
    View attachment 270111
    And don’t forget to ply Kippy with plenty of TTTs tornado beer
    75B6392A-E9F4-46CE-85C1-E407AA561228.jpeg
    Send huge some of cash and a tip for kip !

Kip likes this.
  20. StrangerDanger

StrangerDanger Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2018
    The power outage up there is going to be a bad deal for atleast a week. When we were hit with the outbreak in 2012 I sent my family to the beach while I helped people around town

Steve Owens likes this.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted