Total Eclipse on Gunbroker

Discussion in 'STI/2011' started by Descartian, Feb 16, 2019.

1. Descartian

Descartian Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2017
    There’s a rare model Total Eclipse on Gunbroker right now, no affiliation.

It’s a really cool model that STI didn’t produce a lot of many years back.

It uses a 105 mm grip and magazine. The only model STI ever made with that size grip. And also it only has a 3 inch barrel, the shortest they ever made on a double stack. This one is in 40 Smith & Wesson. I have three already in 9mm and I don’t really shoot 40 for carry guns much more. If I was in the market for a cool little carry gun I would definitely pick it up.

As these are a rarer model and in 40, there’s not a lot interest in the gun so it should go for cheap.

Buyer beware though, it only comes with 1 mag and you can not get any of those 105mm, they are long discontinued and they don’t come up in the secondary market. You could of course use a 120m or longer mag in it at the range.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/799663169

Colorado Sonny likes this.
  2. Nemain

Nemain Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2016
    Cool looking little pistol, lot of gun in a tiny package, thanks for sharing.

3. BBP

BBP Enabler Sponsor

Feb 1, 2014
    I like that. I have a similar custom in hard chrome. I'll have to find some pics.

HOGRIDER likes this.
  4. Descartian

Apr 13, 2017
    I definitely want to see that one. Who was the smith?

5. BBP

BBP Enabler Sponsor

Feb 1, 2014
    Tim Calhoun

It now has an ambi safety that I "fit"

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

6. Descartian

Apr 13, 2017
    That’s a sweet little gun. Looks to be in .40 as well. Judging by the where the bottom grip screws are it looks to be set up for 120mm mags.

I have 2 builds in the works now set up for SVI’s 113mm mags. I believe that would put it at a traditional officers length. The 105’s are close to Detonics Combat Master length and the 120’s are closer to govt. length.

7. Descartian

Apr 13, 2017
  8. Descartian

Apr 13, 2017
    It’s still up for grabs. I’m surprised no one has jumped on this.

If someone is interested in it I’d be willing to swap out the grip and magazine for a 120mm VIP/Guardian sized grip and magazine. That way the mag scarcity would not be an issue and you’d still have a ultra compact pistola.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/801088312