Toying around w/idea!

Discussion in 'General 1911 talk' started by ORShooter, Jan 8, 2019.

Tags:
  1. ORShooter

ORShooter Just outsided the realm of Crazy!

Nov 28, 2018
    Just contemplating on moving two of my 5" .45's for one higher end one. I really want a Dan Wesson but, some current events will keep me out of the money game for a while. I thought maybe moving my SA GI and Auto Ordnance to fund the DW or offering them both as a trade toward a really good shape used one. But, then I get to fondling them (yes!:D) and really want to keep them!

I know it it's ultimately up to me but, would like to hear others thoughts. PM if you don't want to post them out loud.:)

[​IMG]

bobo3020 likes this.
  2. 12VMan

12VMan Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2018
    Unless you have some sentimental attachment to the guns, I think it is a good idea.
    Quality > Quantity.

nix_gary, ORShooter, bobo3020 and 2 others like this.

3. B81

B81 Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2018
    Are you a more of a collector or a shooter? If you had a DW in your hands right now, what purpose or role would your other guns serve?

There are no wrong answers here. Just something to think about.

4. ORShooter

Nov 28, 2018
    I'm not a collector. I've never had a hand gun long enough to put more than a 1000rds through. The Dan Wesson would get shot and be a primary carry piece. If I had the Dan Wesson right now, the other two probably would not get shot much and traded off or sold for some other eye catcher!

bobo3020 likes this.
  5. 12VMan

12VMan Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2018
    To provide full and fair disclosure on my opinion above, I am biased: my primary carry guns are a Dan Wesson Guardian and a Dan Wesson Valkyrie.

Trashy and ORShooter like this.
  6. ORShooter

Nov 28, 2018
    Tell ya how bad I am, I've only got 50rds through the AO and haven't even shot the Springfield yet!:roflmaro:

bobo3020 likes this.
  7. july19

july19 Womb? Weary? He rests. He has travelled. Supporting Addict

Sep 16, 2013
    Sell them, trade them or both - get the pistol you like and then shoot it often.

8. DukeSoprano

DukeSoprano Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Jan 17, 2013
  9. Fred_G

Fred_G Known Agitator

Dec 29, 2015
    I would probably sell them, look for a used DW. Buyers market pretty much on a lot of guns. Of course, Duke has an idea, maybe sell 2, send one off and get some work done on it.

bobo3020 and ORShooter like this.
  10. Denver1911

Denver1911 Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2014
  11. bobo3020

bobo3020 Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2014
    I prefer quality over quantity as well. Typically ;) you only shoot one at a time anyway.

My suggestion would be scratch the dw itch. Can always buy those others guns again when funds are better if you truly miss them!

ORShooter, cgff and PewPewPtwang like this.
  12. cgff

cgff Well-Known Member

Aug 24, 2015
    Ideally this ^

That springer makes a great base for a build. First shoot the Springer You could find it’s an awesome blaster. If it’s not, Move em all and get the DW

bobo3020 and ORShooter like this.
  13. ORShooter

Nov 28, 2018
    BigSkyGuy and bobo3020 like this.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted