TR Jig thread

Discussion in '1911 Gunsmithing' started by Jeremy Reid, Nov 2, 2011.

1. Jeremy Reid

Jeremy Reid Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2011
    What happened to the TR sear jig thread? I really thought there was a lot of good information in that thread, especially for someone trying their first trigger job. I at least certainly thought there was plenty of quality technical information in it.

2. John

John Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Oct 7, 2011
    I believe it was deleted. Not sure. Welcome Jeremy. Good to see you here, please post some pics of your builds.

3. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Schütze

Aug 17, 2011
    Indeed... Welcome.. wow us with some pistol talk and pics.... Cheers.. Ron (Koko)

4. Sir Guy

Sir Guy Sharpening Ockham's Razor Supporting Addict

Aug 20, 2011
    Welcome aboard, Jeremy. I hear you've been doing good work; Chuck seems to think highly of you.

Good to have you here. :thumb:

Andy

5. Hokie

Hokie Active Member

Aug 17, 2011
    Chuck? You mean that cranky old guy in the desert that loves golfballs? :rofl2:

Welcome aboard man. Glad to have you here. :thumb:

6. Trent

Trent Site Founder Staff Member Admin

Aug 15, 2011
    No a different Chuck. One who takes thousands off dollars from his clients gets his FFL yanked, and then doesn't return the money to them. When he gets called out on it, he says that his customers lost money when his business got closed down and he regrets it. However, never once does he say he refunded the money to the customers. So in all actuality he made the customers pay for his shotty business practices and ethics.

Just a few of the things you can find about him...

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=4652&pid=43585&st=0&#entry43585

Check out post #2 here...
    http://pistolsmith.com/pistolsmiths/4980-chuck-warner-c-w-custom.html

To the OP, I hid that thread for the time being until I decide what I want to do with it. Sorry, but not the type of guy I want being promoted on my forum...

7. nolt

nolt Member

Aug 24, 2011
    i think you need to seriously think about what youre doing here (not that you arent already.) its your board you can do whatever you want.

but many if not most of the people coming here from the other board are coming because you guys have declared that you wont censor people.

from the other thread:

8. Jeremy Reid

Jeremy Reid Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2011
    TKR - How dare you associate my name with some thing like that. In this business I have absolutely nothing but my reputation, and you are making accusations that you have know clue about, and you could not be more wrong. The Chuck that Hokie was referring to was indeed Chuck Rogers. Please learn to be more responsible with insinuations that you make.

9. John

John Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Oct 7, 2011
    I do not think Trent meant to accuse you of anything, nor make any insinuations, Jeremy. And I think he knows that Hokie was referring to Chuck Rogers. Trent said what he said (right or wrong) about Chuck Warner, not you, and not Rogers. I have no idea what Warner thinks of your work, I've never talked to him and am not very familiar with his work. But I do know that Chuck Rogers does think highly of your work on the commander he golfballed.

Easy to get confused when this thread is about a thread that was about a product of Chuck Warner's and people are talking about Chuck Rogers.

10. CMG

CMG Member

Aug 20, 2011
    Jeremy,

If this is what you're upset about:

"To the OP, I hid that thread for the time being until I decide what I want to do with it. Sorry, but no (sic) the type of guy I want being promoted on my forum... "

I think you'll find that Trent was referring to Chuck Warner, not you.

11. deadguy

deadguy Charlie Daniels Supporting Addict

Sep 7, 2011
    Jeremy welcome to the forum. :rofl2:

Seriously, though, it was indeed Chuck Rogers. He had nothing but great things to say about you, and more importantly your work and skills.

I hope you stay. This place is fun.

12. Rinspeed

Rinspeed Member

Aug 22, 2011

:faint:

13. Trent

Aug 15, 2011
    I wasn't associating you with him. You are the one that came on here asking about a product he came on here to peddle. Once the thread was gone so was he. I know exactly who Hokie was referring to. Chuck Rogers is an amazing smith, and an incredible asset to this forum.

14. Trent

Aug 15, 2011
    I don't see how my post looks like I am trying to censor anyone or not let them speak their mind. Quite the opposite. If I didn't want people post exactly what the thought I wouldn't have posted that.

I don't want people on here who have a past of ripping people off preying on my members. Especially when it is apparent the only reason he is here is to promote his product.

15. Chuck Warner

Chuck Warner Guest

Thats the quote I was waiting for Trent.
    I didn't come here to just promote, I do have a job that requires a little bit of work.
    I didn't come here to sell anything.
    My participation stopped short when Joe C started lying again about people and things in this industry and it became confrontational.
    If you feel resorting to a quite slanderous/Libelous remarks is your priveledge, on Joe Chambers behalf, You are quite mistaken.
    The questions you and Joe bring up have been asked and answered before. If you wanna go back 15-20 years to find something to mudsling with, I would highly recommend you do your due diligence.
    Sorry you felt the need to do that TKR...Unfortunately you are susceptible to the same rules of due diligence. As is Joe.
    Thanks for the oportunity to clear that up.

16. Trent

Aug 15, 2011
    I am not doing anything on anyone's behalf other than my complete member base. It is simple I don't want someone on my forum that rips people off. You came on the forum, made a introduction thread, posted in the thread that was started to promote your product, and once that thread was gone so were you until now. I don't care if it is 100 years ago. You stole somebodies money, and basically told em sorry about your luck. That will never change not matter how long ago it was.

17. Chuck Warner

Chuck Warner Guest

I'm sorry you havn't got your facts straight.
    Defamation, libel and slander based on a forum thread are poor tactics. My limited contributions have been exactly that. Limited contributions.
    It is your forum and I respect that, but it does not give you the right to state things as fact that are not.
    Lying, and saying its for the sake of your member base, still makes you responsible for the lie. Same as Joe.
    Obviously my participation will stop here, as you do exactly what you preach against.
    Thats a shame.
    CW

18. Trent

Aug 15, 2011
    No I "preach" about being able to say what you want and call someone on their BS, which is what I am doing. If I was going against what I "preach" as you call it, I would have banned you and not give you the ability to respond.

If what I am saying is so untrue, how come you personally admit that you took $2800.00 from someone, never gave them a product or returned their money, as well as other customers. Then you blame it on the close of your business. Sorry that just doesn't add up. Glad you could line your pockets at the expense of others.

Anyway, I have far more important things to do that argue facts with you. What you did was wrong and dishonest. If you can't admit, it that is on you.

19. EdS

EdS Member

Sep 21, 2011
    If you associate yourself with Chuck Warner, or defend/promote/ect his work, then yes, folks get angry. There is a reason... google it.. folks got ripped off.

Slander? You can google it Chuck... a few years have passed, and you've moved from SC to NM... but there is a group of folks who are still out of their thousands of dollars. You lost your FFL as well, correct? working under someone else's?

there is a large gap between censorship.. and allowing your forum, which costs money to operate, to be used as a sales office for your products & services, without being a site sponsor. Many forums forbid that sort of behavior. If the forum owner doesn't wish to have products represented on his forum from someone with a shakey business past... thats not censorship. Any member here is free to post how they liked/disliked any product. But as the sole reason for joining? To ONLY post in those sorts of threads?

Last edited: Nov 3, 2011
  20. dilespla

dilespla Never made it to step 12 Supporting Addict

Oct 12, 2011
    This is exactly why people got banned in other places. They speak the truth and disappear. I didn't know anything about this until a year or so ago, and I've done my research. I've googled, read countless threads, and I've come to my own conclusion. I've also lurked in several places and watched how Chuck W conducts himself. That's not the type of person I would want to be associated with what we have here. TKR, Quack, mods, I wouldn't bat an eye if you did ban him. It may go against the fairness of the forum, and it may not stop the name calling, but I'm tired of reading post after post of "I'm not a liar, that was 20 years ago, he said, you're the liar, blah blah blah" It follows him everywhere he goes, and it doesn't need to be here. He's turned himself into a troll and no one really cares what he has to say...

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted