1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Evening everyone, I was at the range today for some shooting time. Took out my Ed Brown and my Springfield Pro for some exercise. Took my EDC shield 2.0 for some practice also. Anyways one of my good friends was at the range, and asked me if I still had the Ed Brown. He offered me a trade my Ed Brown Special Forces Carry, for his brand new unfired H&K MK23. It’s a tempting idea, don’t know what do. I have an H&K USP 45, don’t know if that’s an improvement over that.

·
Registered
559 Posts
If you live in bear country, it would be the perfect gun to beat bears off your leg with. If you have a lifted truck it could double as a jack-stand.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
It’s big enough I could use it as a jack stand. I’m not in bear country, I’m in the “wonderful” City of brotherly love, hoping to move to out to the burbs eventually. It’s getting nuts, our department lets us live outside the city as long as it’s in PA. From our little social experiment at work, us firemen are more armed, and more of our guys/gals have moved outside the city percentage wise then our Philly PD members.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Thanks to all the advice. I’m glad I joined this forum. I probably would’ve done something crazy and took the trade and then regretted it. I’m going to go with the panel of experts on this forum and stay with the Brown. Maybe I’ll see he’s be open to sell, or eventually one will come around.

·
Registered
904 Posts
As much as I am a big HK fan, I too would pass. Now if it was a P7..... Take it please take it and give me that german piece of orgasmic bliss.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Good Evening everyone, I was at the range today for some shooting time. Took out my Ed Brown and my Springfield Pro for some exercise. Took my EDC shield 2.0 for some practice also. Anyways one of my good friends was at the range, and asked me if I still had the Ed Brown. He offered me a trade my Ed Brown Special Forces Carry, for his brand new unfired H&K MK23. It’s a tempting idea, don’t know what do. I have an H&K USP 45, don’t know if that’s an improvement over that.
I’m going to break with the crowd.

Go with the Mk 23. Then sell me your USP.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts