1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tim Gerhard has been a staple (gunsmith) in the Denver community for almost 30 years. He was one of the initial gunsmiths at Sports West (with Ikey Starks) and at one time or another over the last three decades, he has fixed every hunter, cop, soldier, and shooting enthusiast’s gun in Denver. I remember him going through chemotherapy for throat cancer and he still showed up to work every day to work on people’s guns. He did it without complaining and he did it the only way he knows how — the right way, every time. There isn’t a better gunsmith in the country. Heck there isn’t a better man in the country. It’s a cliché, but when gunsmiths like him are gone, there will be nobody left to replace them. He’s an American treasure and some scumbag drove a stolen Escalade into his shop last week (in an attempted heist) and destroyed his livelihood in the blink of an eye. I know most on here will never meet Tim, but if you have an extra $20 to help this man recover, good karma awaits thee. He is one of us. Anything helps.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Thank you for the head's up. I have a piece with him for some work. After reading this, I am sickened and could care less about it -- I will email Tim and see if I can drive up to make a donation tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Slam37 amazingly these Rhodes Scholars didn’t get any guns — they simply destroyed his shop and when they didn’t see any guns (because they were locked up) they ran.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
I remember him from my SIG days. Sold triggers, grip screws, etc on eBay.
Prayers be with him and his

·
Registered
45 Posts
Fellow Coloradan, not that makes a difference, and didn’t hear about this on the news. Thanks for supplying the link.
Same here, I got an ATF announcement a few days later and my buddy called me...3rd time he’s been broken into in the past year! Time to move out of Saudi Aurora...what’s this world coming to?

please step up and give what you can!

·
We Are!
2,904 Posts
Thank you for the heads-up on this. Done, and keeping this gentleman and his family in prayer.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts