Training Priorities

Discussion in 'Training' started by Blayglock, Nov 14, 2011.

1. Blayglock

Blayglock Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 18, 2011
    Reposted from here: http://www.kyledefoor.com/2010/05/training-balance-and-how-good-is-good.html

Remeber, this is Kyle Defoor we are talking about.

My list for my situatoin would be:

1. Fitness
    2. Mindset and Tactics
    3. Pistol
    4. Non-Firearms Defense
    5. Carbine

What about you gents?

2. TSiWRX

TSiWRX Member

Aug 21, 2011
    I am of the empty-hand -to- tools escalation: I'll sometimes have a gun with me, I'll often have a knife, but I'll always have my hands.

With that said, what I lack most, now, is fitness and combatives (both empty-hands and with blade). This was all supposed to have started this past fall, but I'm running into "life roadblocks" (family/professional) that I know I should be able to navigate around, yet am unable to (perhaps because I am not focused/motivated enough? if I'm being absolutely honest with myself). I'm more fit than I was 6 months ago, yes, but that's not saying much.....

Of firearms, I've definitely focused on pistol work: simply because I'm most likely to be with a pistol, and because when it comes down to it, that's my personal "lowest common denominator." For me, as I increase my training load in the next years to come, I'd like to continue to get better at the pistol work, but shift more of my focus to long-guns, until I reach at least a practical level of capability and proficiency with them.

Tactics and mindset, I think, need to be explored during all phases of training.

But that's me talking - and at my current skill level, I'm pure mall-ninja! :smile:

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted