1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking to get a staccato p but I prefer the tree bark grip compared to the newer grips with the star on it. Do they sell the original tree bark grip at a decent price?

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Im looking to get a staccato p but I prefer the tree bark grip compared to the newer grips with the star on it. Do they sell the original tree bark grip at a decent price?
I have one that has a rub spot on the front of trigher gaurd but grip is fully functional id sell reasonable its tan

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
51 Posts
Extreme shooters sells them...they can also treebark stipple the new g2 grip. The new grip is a different polymer, which actually stipples better than the old, and it has re-positioned the mag catch key in an area of the grip that is much thicker.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
are the gen 1 and gen 2 grips 100% swappable? or do i need to buy extra parts to make it work?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
eventually i would like to send it off to extremeshooters to get the tree bark texture done. is there a way to tell what gen a grip is by looking at it? (i assume the tree bark is automatically gen 1, but is the molded grip automatically gen 2?)

·
Registered
403 Posts
eventually i would like to send it off to extremeshooters to get the tree bark texture done. is there a way to tell what gen a grip is by looking at it? (i assume the tree bark is automatically gen 1, but is the molded grip automatically gen 2?)
No bottom screw on the G2s.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Also the mag release has a solid button on the G2 versus a threaded hole on the G1.

·
Registered
374 Posts
The locking key on the mag catch was also moved more center line on the grip into an area where the polymer is much thicker.
Exactly, I was just thinking of an easy way to tell based on appearance as it sits on the gun. I have both grips and I do prefer the new mag release design. Stronger for sure.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts