Triarc .45 2011 on GB

Discussion in 'Bargain Hunter' started by Greenrunner, Sep 21, 2020.

1. JeffK

JeffK Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Dec 18, 2016
    Did you see JoeC’s “play by play” on the issues of a certain 2011 manufacturer?

Brennerman and cundiff5535 like this.

2. Greenrunner

Greenrunner Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2017
    No. Do you have a link?

3. JeffK

Dec 18, 2016
    Check out his Instagram feed or Facebook.

4. Descartian

Descartian Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2017
    I’m interested but do not have either social media platforms.

5. noveske_nut

noveske_nut Money talks but here it only says buh bye!! Supporting Addict

Feb 20, 2017
  6. TexasRedneck

TexasRedneck Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2011
    I've had the sad experience of dealin' with them...and getting broken commitment after broken commitment on a PAID build. Ended up canceling the order after months of BS. Wouldn't consider 'em again.

7. JeffK

Dec 18, 2016
    If you don’t use those platforms (and I don’t blame you) then I do not know how to link it to you. But the readers digest version was that the unnamed gun had a lot of issues. And very rookie type issues some of which may even be unsafe long term. He indicated that it was not a isolated issue and he has seen these issues before in their guns. By the slide serrations it is obvious who the maker is. Bottom line buyer beware IMHO.

AJP likes this.
  8. Nacho Coltrane

Nacho Coltrane Active Member Supporting Addict

Jun 22, 2019
    I’ve often wondered how/why TSRA selected the brand for its centennial edition 1911s.

9. TexasRedneck

TexasRedneck Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2011
    That discussion is ongoing....they are SUPPOSED to be a reputable manufacturer, but it would appear that they outgrew their ability.

10. cundiff5535

cundiff5535 Chambers Custom Owners Club

Apr 1, 2013
    Brennerman and AJP like this.
  11. AJP

AJP Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2017
    I remember Joe commenting on another thread a year or so ago mentioning that he would recommend Staccato over Triarc, but did not elaborate as to the specifics at the time. Now that he has gone into the specifics it is certainly eye opening. I can't say that I will be recommending Triarc to any one anytime soon.

To his credit in the video he did not point out the maker, but if your eyes are open it is pretty obvious who it is. His point was problems in other 2011's, not to just attack Triarc.

Brennerman likes this.
  12. Brennerman

Brennerman Well-Known Member

May 12, 2020
    I watched Joe's video, and that was shocking. Hopefully, that company can turn themselves around.

13. NedChast11

NedChast11 New Member

Jul 23, 2020
    Wow. I’ve been obsessing over these for awhile now.
    Interestingly enough, I bought a TiN BCG from them and when it arrived it would not function. (Details are too long but it was a manufacturing issue). I called them and was told, “yeah, we knew we had/have issues with those TiN BCG’s). Then commenced to act like maybe I’d done something wrong. So I asked the nice lady, what did I do wrong here? I’m the customer. Never apologized for my inconvenience or answer my simple question. Which was why sell products with KNOWN issues?
    It all irked me so bad, that upon returning it (on my own dime) I wrote a long letter and included it, as well I emailed the same letter too. I guess they “made it right” but sending me an upgraded BCG and some swag. I was happy with that too, actually. They never responded to me email. But this post is now making more and more sense to me... I’m stunned.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted