1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
1911 Pistol Smith
9,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was on my usual bender writing a book, when I erased it all and started over. 3 points.

1.) All my guns have long triggers
2.) I have recently in the last year went to a thumbs forward grip to improve my accuracy and the long triggers with this hold is a stretch for me. I have a couple chambers medium flats here so that is covered. One is going in my next build the other is mine lol.
3.) I need a Medium curved trigger, a short curved trigger and a Flat short triggers...

Now does anyone have any for sale. I do prefer one with tabs to adjust pre-travel. and I like to be able to control overtravel as well. But, the pretravel tab is not necessary as I can cut those if need be.
Willing to buy a few of these used. or new. Or what does those of you that use one of those above mentioned triggers suggest? Price isn't a huge huge issue, however I would like to keep it at or below $30 ea. Unless there is a huge and good reason why they are $50 lol. These are for various guns...

·
Cranky old curmudgeon
1,282 Posts
I was on my usual bender writing a book, when I erased it all and started over. 3 points.

1.) All my guns have long triggers
2.) I have recently in the last year went to a thumbs forward grip to improve my accuracy and the long triggers with this hold is a stretch for me. I have a couple chambers medium flats here so that is covered. One is going in my next build the other is mine lol.
3.) I need a Medium curved trigger, a short curved trigger and a Flat short triggers...

Now does anyone have any for sale. I do prefer one with tabs to adjust pre-travel. and I like to be able to control overtravel as well. But, the pretravel tab is not necessary as I can cut those if need be.
Willing to buy a few of these used. or new. Or what does those of you that use one of those above mentioned triggers suggest? Price isn't a huge huge issue, however I would like to keep it at or below $30 ea. Unless there is a huge and good reason why they are $50 lol. These are for various guns...
I've got a short trigger I'll send you. PM me you addy. It may not have pre-travel tabs, but, it'll be free.

·
I do not consent.
1,403 Posts
I don't have any triggers for sale (or for donating to the cause) but I did just buy several. All short, curved. Nighthawk, Cylinder&Slide, Harrison, EB. The C&S is also smooth and rounded. Don't know how I'm going to like that.

After seeing you reference pre-travel tabs I looked that up, because I didn't know what it meant. I had noticed that the NH trigger had two small holes and what looked like some stamping or cut marks on the front of the trigger bow.

I now know that is what you meant by pre-travel tabs. However, the NH is the only one of the four that has them.

And, finally, I will get to the question: In the absence of said tabs, what is the method of adjusting pre-travel? Is it to simply cut some tabs in the bow, as you alluded to in your post, or is there some other method. Or is it relatively uncommon to need to adjust pre-travel?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts