close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Trigger Lengths

Discussion in '1911 Gunsmithing' started by buyobuyo, Sep 23, 2011.

1. buyobuyo

buyobuyo Member

Aug 25, 2011
    Are there standardized lengths for the various lengths of triggers (short/medium/long/flat)? Also, does anyone know what the stock trigger in an RIA Tactical is considered? Thanks.

2. Anderson3754

Anderson3754 New Member

Sep 21, 2011
    If you go down 2 Threads from yours to the one that says slide stop issues, the first post shows a nice picture of the length of a long trigger. I'm not sure, but I do not think there is actually an Industry Standard for the three basic lengths. There's the long one as pictured, the 1911A1 short, and as of late there's the medium length. I not sure what length is standard for the Rock Tacticals

Hope it helps

Last edited: Sep 23, 2011

3. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Schütze

Aug 17, 2011
    I don't know of a standard either.. other than the original.. Ron

4. Quack

Quack it's mmm, mmm good... Staff Member Admin

Aug 15, 2011
    i think the difference is something like ~0.1" per size difference, but it also depends on the manufacturer.

for instance this is Harrison's sizes:
    Short: 2.1" (5.3cm) long.
    Medium: 2.2" (5.6cm) long.
    Long: 2.25" (5.7cm) long.

5. Hokie

Hokie Active Member

Aug 17, 2011
    Just went from a Harrison medium to a Harrison short. Not a huge difference, unless your name is Bobby and then a SMedium is juuuuust right. :thumb:

6. Quack

Quack it's mmm, mmm good... Staff Member Admin

Aug 15, 2011
  7. polizei1

polizei1 It WAS Quack

Aug 18, 2011
    Harrison short is awesome!

8. brisk21

brisk21 Member

Aug 20, 2011
    I much prefer the short trigger. Never tried a flat trigger, but then again, I never tried to put a square peg in a round hole!!

9. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Schütze

Aug 17, 2011
    Cylinder and Slide long, solid, smooth, match, oversize. All my 1911's get one.. Jay polishes and rounds the pad as well.. Ron

10. buyobuyo

buyobuyo Member

Aug 25, 2011
    Thanks for the info guys. I took a look over at Brownell's yesterday and the lengths are all over the place. I may make up a spreadsheet for reference purposes. I'll also measure the trigger in my RIA when I get around to detail stripping it, which maybe this weekend. Gotta clean it and a few other guns.

11. Anderson3754

Anderson3754 New Member

Sep 21, 2011
    Just got a catalog from Centerfire Systems this morning. They have pictures of the Rock Tactical's showing them with the long trigger.

12. buyobuyo

buyobuyo Member

Aug 25, 2011
    I detail stripped my RIA Tactical this morning. The stock trigger, from the center of the curve to the end of the trigger bow, measures 2.200". Just thought I would share in case other inquiring minds want to know.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted