1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there standardized lengths for the various lengths of triggers (short/medium/long/flat)? Also, does anyone know what the stock trigger in an RIA Tactical is considered? Thanks.

·
Registered
49 Posts
If you go down 2 Threads from yours to the one that says slide stop issues, the first post shows a nice picture of the length of a long trigger. I'm not sure, but I do not think there is actually an Industry Standard for the three basic lengths. There's the long one as pictured, the 1911A1 short, and as of late there's the medium length. I not sure what length is standard for the Rock Tacticals

Hope it helps

·
it's mmm, mmm good...
7,140 Posts
i think the difference is something like ~0.1" per size difference, but it also depends on the manufacturer.

for instance this is Harrison's sizes:
Short: 2.1" (5.3cm) long.
Medium: 2.2" (5.6cm) long.
Long: 2.25" (5.7cm) long.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Just went from a Harrison medium to a Harrison short. Not a huge difference, unless your name is Bobby and then a SMedium is juuuuust right. :thumb:

·
Registered
33 Posts
I much prefer the short trigger. Never tried a flat trigger, but then again, I never tried to put a square peg in a round hole!!

·
Schütze
2,678 Posts
Cylinder and Slide long, solid, smooth, match, oversize. All my 1911's get one.. Jay polishes and rounds the pad as well.. Ron

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the info guys. I took a look over at Brownell's yesterday and the lengths are all over the place. I may make up a spreadsheet for reference purposes. I'll also measure the trigger in my RIA when I get around to detail stripping it, which maybe this weekend. Gotta clean it and a few other guns.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Just got a catalog from Centerfire Systems this morning. They have pictures of the Rock Tactical's showing them with the long trigger.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I detail stripped my RIA Tactical this morning. The stock trigger, from the center of the curve to the end of the trigger bow, measures 2.200". Just thought I would share in case other inquiring minds want to know.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts