1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up a new Springfield Professional. The trigger is locked up tight! Won’t move even a little.

I opened it up to see if there was any sort of obstruction or what have you, but it’s frozen solid.

Sending it back to SA for repair. Has anyone had this issue? Strange on a custom gun!

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
By open it up, did you detail strip it and put it back together? Just to see if you can see what is going on? Anyways, that sucks.

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
Something as simple as "someone" turned the overtravel screw all the way in and tight?

·
Consider my signature line before replying . . . .
14,799 Posts
Does the mainspring housing have the internal locking system (ILS)?

Check for that first. Not familiar with the Professionals as to whether that is possible or not.

·
14,799 Posts
If the key has gone on vacation, just swap out another MSH without the ILS in it. If the trigger hammer is no longer locked, that saves you shipping it off.

If you need a key, let me know. I have plenty of spares. I actually like the ILS Springer puts into their mainspring housings. That's one of the things that makes me weird.

Z

·
14,799 Posts
A Professional as built from the SACS does not have the MSH with an ILS.

Good information. I've never owned one.

Rereading, the OP said the trigger was locked, not the hammer. JCC's diagnosis might make the most sense.

Something as simple as "someone" turned the overtravel screw all the way in and tight?

·
14,799 Posts
Agreed... “Someone” may have thought the screw was a trigger adjustment.

He did say he picked up a "new" Professional. I wonder if that means factory new, or "new to me" new.

Factory new, this issue, whatever it is, is inexcusable.

Reactions: Longbow and Mike A

·
Registered
862 Posts
Was the thing disassembled? If so was the sear spring removed and replaced?

Is it possible that the left sear spring leaf is under the sear?

Asking for a friend! I've never done that! :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts