1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve got an old (1951) Remington 721 in 30.06, and I would like to replace the trigger. I had heard good things about the Rifle Basix triggers, so I ordered one, and installed it, but once installed, the trigger bow sat too far back in the trigger guard to actually function. I sent it back, but have been hesitant to try another brand, wondering if I would run into the same issue. Timney assured me their trigger would work on my rifle, but Rifle Basix had told me the same thing. I’m looking at getting either the Timney Elite Hunter or the Trigggertech. I don’t think I could go wrong getting a Timney, but I’ve read several reviews stating the Triggertech was a better trigger. Wondering if anyone has opinions on either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
5,048 Posts
You won't screw up buying Timney! Plus their CS is 2nd to no one.

BCD 45

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Primary Arms has the Timney on sale for $115, so I think I’m gonna give it a shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
373 Posts
Timney is just kinda meh. I've never been crazy about the trigger break, never really crisp. I've had 510 to Calvin elites, the 2 stage timney are garbage. The triggertechs are nice, at least the single stage. Not impressed with their 2 stage. I like giessele 700 triggers, come as 2 stage but can be adjusted to a single stage. Also xtreme makes a very nice 2 stage that has an adjustable trigger shoe, can be slide fore or aft. Probably the finest trigger and can be set for whatever you desire, is a bix n Andy. They offer several versions and have swappable trigger shoes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts