Triggers on NH and WC

Discussion in 'General 1911 talk' started by CallmeIsh, Oct 8, 2018.

Tags:
  1. CallmeIsh

CallmeIsh Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2016
    Has anyone had triggers from NIghthawk or Wilson Combat that felt completely different from their NH and WC guns? I’ve had several NH and some triggers felt way better. Better fit made one trigger feel tighter and smoother and had an incredible take up and break at under 3 pounds and other triggers were nice but not even in the same league. I know different Gunsmith’s make the guns but just curious if people were happy with some triggers and others not so much.

2. stlgecko

stlgecko Gecko Lives Matter

May 24, 2014
    I’ve owned and/or shot ~20 Nighthawks and the triggers have always felt the same to me. I find them to be more consistent than other brands. I’d give a nod to Dan Wesson also for good triggers and consistency. Baer not so much, Wilson I have no idea.

Stogies likes this.

3. azguy1911

azguy1911 I'm done buying guns, I'm just a bystander now

Oct 22, 2015
    I be shocked if anyone is doing triggers at "under 3 pounds" without being requested.

4. BigJimP

BigJimP Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2018
    Every full sized Wilson I have shot...seems to be about the same on their trigger setup...very clean, no slack, no creep, very crisp break ...EDC's I have fired were a little inconsistent.

I've fired several Nighthawks...mostly full sized and some compact models...triggers were a little less consistent than my Wilsons...but still very good.

( Baer ....no, not consistent at all / Ed Brown very good )...

5. Bender

Bender Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 15, 2011
    Every pistolsmith’s triggers will be different.

Many do triggers very similarly, but with little nuances that make them feel slightly different

mikegalway and boatdoc like this.
  6. Babboonbobo

Babboonbobo Avatar is back to my favorite things!

Nov 18, 2014
    My only 100% stock Nighthawk came with a trigger under 3lbs, I’ve checked it multiple times and it’s always within an ounce! This was a 5 pull average. 6A27B9D1-160C-4B53-A2C7-9A2B23A8258F.jpeg

7. CallmeIsh

CallmeIsh Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2016
    Never measured my triggers but me and my buddies have enough experience to know when a trigger is under three pounds and this validates what we believed. I have had three LadyHawk myself and currently have one, a 45. The other two were 9mm guns. One 9mm felt like it was a 3lb trigger, the other 9mm felt like it was 4lbs and my .45 actually feels like a 2.5lb trigger. It feels considerably lighter than my friends gold cup and WC which have trigger Jobs at just a smidgen over 3lbs. I actually prefer a 4-4.5lb trigger on a carry gun and the trigger on my .45 being so light I don’t think I’d have it in me to carry it. Just too light a trigger but it feels damn good. Best on any gun I’ve shot. Maybe with more trigger time I’d feel more comfortable but the gun has surprised me a few times and I’ve let off a round before I intended when I first got the gun.

8. dakota1911

dakota1911 Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2015
    My trigger story is with a Kimber Target Elite II I bought new in 2003 for about $750. It had an amazing trigger at the LGS and I bought it. Usually I don't even measure the break on a trigger till I have put a few hundred rounds through the gun. This time I took it home and measured the break with a Lyman digital gauge and it was 3lb 4oz. Maybe light for carry but this was a target pistol / range toy.

Anyway, after a couple thousand rounds of 45ACP the pistol doubled on me one day. I put it back in the shooting bag and shot the other pistols I had brought. When I got home I measured the break again and it was a lovely 2lb 3oz. Yes, I could have made it more but I ended up using it as a bottom for 22 conversion units.

Ended up selling it to a friend in 2013 for $825. He did not want the Kimber conversion unit so still have that.

[​IMG]

My friend was O.K. with the trigger pull on it. And if I had it to do over again I would have ordered the blue not Silver conversion unit from Kimber.

CallmeIsh likes this.
  9. mikegalway

mikegalway CEO of DILLIGAF industries Supporting Addict

Feb 23, 2014
    I've got two Wilsons , an old Protector and a new CQB . Both triggers are great , different .

CallmeIsh likes this.
  10. ZArugby

ZArugby Kickin back a little Supporting Addict

Sep 15, 2016
    I have at least one WC and one NHC. (GI as well)
    I have no clue how to measure trigger "feel" and I definitely can't differentiate between these different guns' triggers. My finger and hand just can't tell the difference. I have a couple CZ's with sub 2lb triggers and I can easily feel that but those are top hinged and completely different to a 1911. I have fired over 50,000 rounds through various 9mm 1911's and cannot tell if one trigger is great or another is crappy. This has not prevented me from shooting quite accurately though... I think if I can repeatedly hit a target the size of the bottom of a soda can at 30 feet or further, reasonably rapidly, I am pretty happy with the trigger.
    I probably sound like a hairy-legged farmer, but there you go.

ronin11, CallmeIsh and Bender like this.
  11. Bender

Bender Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 15, 2011

Sounds like a down to earth, humble and extremely honest asnswer.
    Farmers have great work ethic.......love that statement.

Well done Sir

CallmeIsh likes this.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted