1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
NHC Falcon, SS Heinie and T4 all 45 acp Wilson EDC-X9
5,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a pair of these for my Ed Brown Kobra Carry since the ones on it are 15 years old and do not work. Has anyone else used these as a replacement?

Attachments

·
Registered
476 Posts
I finally replaced the front only on my Kobra LW about six weeks back - but I opted for a gold bead this time. I'm tired of buying alleged night sights that are supposed to be good for 10+ years. The units I've had must have taken the slow train and aged on the way. at 6-8 years, I find most of the night sights I have tried, regardless of brand, are growing dim. But what you've selected will work great - and remain my pick of the litter of night sights out there.

·
Premium Member
5,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hope so. Mine was a work/carry gun for a police chief for 14 years and then a friend had it for a year that kept it in a safe. I don’t have safe so I plan on putting it in rotation once I get a holster for it.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
I agree, great sights. I have the orange front. Only time I have a problem picking up that front sight is with a red or orange background, like my Quick Tyme laser target, which is not likely to happen in the real world.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Put them on my Walther PPQ, big improvement. Fast acquisition. Gonna compare acquisition time with one of my red dots. I’m thinking it will be close.

Reactions: Greg M.

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
With the larger colored insert I think they're better than ever.
Good day light and dark visibility.

·
Premium Member
5,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Worn out and stainless? Haha it’s 15 years old I want to have it refinished or cerakoted.

·
Premium Member
5,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ahh. Haha my bad.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts