1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may have been asked before, but here goes. I like the Tripp hybrid follower with the metal insert. Does anyone know if they can be used in Wilson ETM magazines? Thanks for any assistance.

·
It is a dry heat, right...
3,939 Posts
Pretty sure you can but it may cost you a round. I purchased a 1911 some time ago and it came with (2) Wilson 47D magazines. The springs were weak so I replaced them and the worn out followers with the Tripp Research "Super 7" upgrade kits. They work just fine but will only accommodate 7 rounds now due to the follower.

·
Registered
7,384 Posts
As per the Tripp site : super 7 will fit all manfacturers 7 & 8 round mags, resulting in a perfect 7 round mag" , quotations mine, close as I can recall to Virgils website. Makes a dandy mag. If buying new, I would agree to simply purchase cobra mags from the site, rather than mod a new mag, but I've super 7d a bunch of mags and they've all worked very well.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies. I was looking at the build your own kit, not the super 7. I agree if I were purchasing mags to just buy theirs, but I have a ton of Wilson mags that need an upgrade.

·
Edge of Glory
166 Posts
The 47D tube is shorter than the ETM tube. I just tore the guts out of one of my ETM's and replaced them with the Tripp Super 7 spring a follower..........all be it tight, I have 8 rounds loaded into the ETM.

ETM's will not seat (lock) into any of my 1911's unless the slide is locked back in the open position.

Looks like a no go!

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
I use 47D in my 45
Tripps in my 9mm's
and some Tripps and Wilsons in the 40
Go to Wilson's site I think I heard a video that they are making a metal follower now for their mags.

·
ISO The Very Best 1911's
2,025 Posts
I use 47D in my 45
Tripps in my 9mm's
Go to Wilson's site I think I heard a video that they are making a metal follower now for their mags.
Wilson has metal follower 9mm and 10mm mags and some of the lower end 45 mags but the 47 /ETM Series has polymer followers

·
Edge of Glory
166 Posts
I use 47D in my 45
Tripps in my 9mm's
If I understood the original question, OP was asking for Tripp plastic follower with the metal insert. WC's plastic follower is lacking this feature.

CMC makes an all metal follower that would work in WC ETM's as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts