Trouble Editing Posts

Discussion in 'Announcements & Support' started by War Party, Mar 1, 2019.

1. War Party

War Party Reasonably Well Known Member Supporting Addict

Jan 13, 2014
    I am unable to edit the title of my ‘For Sale’ posts to add notices such as ‘Reduced Price’ etc. I’ve tried using the web version on both my iPad and desktop, and also Tapatalk. I see other posters change the title in this way all the time, what gives? Also, a few days after I put up a new post, the ‘edit’ button at the bottom disappears. Until that happens I am able to edit the body of the post, but not afterwards. Any help appreciated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2. Wheels No More

Wheels No More Long gone

May 12, 2015
    I'm just spitballing here but I think there's like a 30 day time limit.

3. War Party

Jan 13, 2014
    That wouldn't bother me, but from day one there's no way for me to edit the title, and the 'edit' button for the post itself goes away after less than a week. On my last 'For Sale' post a moderator helped out by adding 'Sold' to the description of each gun as it sold (there were multiple guns) and I asked him via PM about this problem but he didn't respond.

4. newt

newt Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2011
    I have the same issue as OP. I never seem to be able edit thread titles. Just the thread itself. Not sure why. Would be handy though for sales.

5. War Party

Jan 13, 2014
    It puts me at a distinct disadvantage when selling as I am unable to advertise price reductions or other changes. Extremely frustrating.

WP

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted