Trouble seating mag in Ultra +

Discussion in 'Beginner's Corner' started by seatec, Dec 14, 2011.

1. seatec

seatec New Member

Dec 13, 2011
    I recently bought a Kimber SC Ultra+ and am having trouble slapping the mag home when it has 8 rounds loaded. When i only load 7 rounds the mag locks easily. Looking at the Mag that came stock, it seems like it's somehow to flush with the bottom of the well. Ive seen pictures of SC's with mag and it appeared to have had a small plastic extension of some sort which my Mag doesnt have. Anybody can shed some light on this?

I have to add that i havent taken the gun out to the range yet and it might just be a break in issue.

Thanks,

2. knedrgr

knedrgr Low capacity, low tech...

Aug 15, 2011
    others might be using non stock mags like Wilson, Chips, etc. that has plastic base pads.

Might want to take off the slide and load a full mag to see if the round is hitting the ejector.

3. seatec

seatec New Member

Dec 13, 2011
    Thanks. Ill check that tonight

4. Gress

Gress Don't need no education Supporting Addict

Nov 21, 2011
    Most probably your mag is a 7-rnd mag :smile: This is what OEM mag for Ultra+ is.

5. seatec

seatec New Member

Dec 13, 2011
    I guess thats what i wouldve thought if the number didnt go to 8 on the mag.

6. jcp907

jcp907 Member

Sep 28, 2011
    +1
    I have a couple of pistols that are tough to seat the mag with the slide in battery and a full mag, but when the slide is back, it's fine. I assumed it was because I had to compress the mag spring just a bit, but since I was just plinking at the range, I didn't look into it any further.

7. seatec

seatec New Member

Dec 13, 2011
    10-4. ill check it out

8. ca survivor

ca survivor Active Member

Dec 28, 2011
    what he said ^^^^^

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted