1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are a few pictures my Supergrade that went from ordered to kitted to delivered in about a month. Sorry to say the day I took delivery of the pistol I also took delivery of a return label. Long story short Wilson took care of all the issues except for barrel fit. More on that later.

No silly Supergrade engraving on the slide or dust cover. Just beautifully polished stainless steel. The grip safety is the Ryan Wilson high cut unit but I went with the standard cut under the trigger guard. The trigger, thumb safety, slide to frame fit, grip safety and blending are all extremely well done.

3C9DDB0D-BDEC-42B5-83C2-57C99DDB77C7.jpeg

Wilson has really stepped up in the checkering department, nice sharp 25lpi. If the top row did not get dinged up and matched the rest it would be perfect. The only semi-custom shop I have seen better checkering from is SACS.

B44E73FB-DD9D-48A1-9A75-B3E91986B0C2.jpeg

Really nice checkering under the trigger guard. Don’t mind the dirt and oil, this work is top shelf.

F66F8020-5CC0-4543-8F50-E091CBBFB5C8.jpeg

Blending nicely done.

0E0EF4E5-8C1D-4C0A-A59D-0E6D495FD457.jpeg

I wanted a true hard fit barrel on this pistol. So enter, Mark Brand, one of the absolute best hard fit guys on the planet. A big thank you to Rob @AlchemyCustomWeaponry for the referral to Mark. He runs a shop called Masters of Accuracy that you can find on Facebook or PM me for his number.

A true hard fit barrel is not for the meek. This pistol is not easy to manipulate, take down or reassemble. In return it will shoot absolute lasers and reward you with a fantastic shooting experience. The way the gun recoils and how the front sight tracks makes it an absolute joy to shoot. It is not something I can really describe, it must be experienced. Night and day vs the factory barrel fit.

Hard fit goodness. Mark fit a new Wilson 33G barrel and bushing. You better bring a friend to help get it out of lockup.

FCDB9283-0AE9-455F-A37F-07DB3BC1588B.jpeg

Eats plastic bushing wrenches for lunch. Yes the barrel was out of battery when I tried to turn the bushing. Notice the absolute minimal barrel to bushing clearance wear.

3F93263F-4735-4563-89E0-5DBD0942613C.jpeg

Full, hard contact on the lower lugs. Just lovely.

3D584081-D925-407D-AE1B-AE869817AB46.jpeg

This pistol went from a case of buyer’s remorse when I took delivery to one of my favorite shooters. I will post a full review once I hit 5,000 rounds.

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Awesome gun, I’ll ask the question I think everyone is gonna want to know. Why’d it go back Wilson?

·
Crabby Old Gunsmith
1,237 Posts
Glad this worked out in your favor. Never had a doubt in my mind though. Mark is one of the people that I consider an "influence" when it comes to barrel fitting. Mark's an actual genius in the realm of working with steel. He has pulled off projects for me that would terrify most of the smiths that I know.

·
chicken wings
1,610 Posts
I love hard fits but don’t find them practical for my edc HOWEVER, I have a Colt GCT that seems perfect for a hard fit.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I love hard fits but don’t find them practical for my edc HOWEVER, I have a Colt GCT that seems perfect for a hard fit.
Mark and I are going down the accuracy rabbit hole with a few new Gold Cups. Custom machined fast twist barrels, undersized chambers, negative SAAMI spec reamers are just few things on the menu.

This Douglas 1/14 twist match rifle blank will turn into four custom 1911 barrels. A 1/12 twist
Kreiger blank is in the works

upload_2020-2-1_19-46-36.png

1 - 7 of 7 Posts