TruGlo

Discussion in '1911 Gear' started by Mythree, Oct 11, 2011.

1. Mythree

Mythree Banned Supporting Addict

Oct 9, 2011
    Want really, really BRIGHT NS, that glow in the day as well (for all us older guys) TruGlo TFO series bright, day glows are the way to go trust me on this they are worth the extra $$$

2. Quack

Quack it's mmm, mmm good... Staff Member Admin

Aug 15, 2011
    They don't make them to fit many 1911's, only Kimbers

3. Mythree

Oct 9, 2011
    Not talking just 1911 actually on the contrary...

4. Quack

Aug 15, 2011
    You posted in the 1911 Gear forum :wink:

5. Mythree

Oct 9, 2011
    see what happens when you are up to early, no coffee, and it's dark and dreary

6. Quack

Aug 15, 2011
    No problem. Truglo has been saying that they were going.to.make them for 1911's, but they said that years ago, so don't think its gonna happen. It's a good idea though.

7. TexShooter

TexShooter Member

Aug 19, 2011
    Ya I waited for a while for the combo tritium and fiber sights but gave up and just put the fiber on the range gun and white outline tritium on the carry.

8. Carolinaboy

Carolinaboy Aim Small Miss Small Supporting Addict

Sep 17, 2011
    I had TFO sights on my XD, I liked them for day time. For sure great for shooting during day time. But the night sights portion of them sucked!

They didn't glow at all

9. billiardcue

billiardcue Cue Connoisseur

Sep 9, 2011
    I have them on my Kimber Pro Carry - nice sights.

They are very bright in the day and glow in the dark, I'm satisfied with them.

10. TSiWRX

TSiWRX Member

Aug 21, 2011
    There's some reports out there on the TFO's tritium vials breaking, without noticeable damage to the fiber-optics. Maybe this is what you're seeing?

11. Carolinaboy

Carolinaboy Aim Small Miss Small Supporting Addict

Sep 17, 2011
    Most likely, I asked Tru Glo what's up they said pretty much "oh must've been a bad batch....sorry" and that was it

12. TSiWRX

TSiWRX Member

Aug 21, 2011
    I've had some tritium capsule breakage in my knives and trinkets before - but those are typically lower-end "fun" tritium vials, nothing that would be expected to withstand the rigors of firearms recoil.

From what little I understand of tritium vial usage in firearms sights, it seems that most problems are installation/installer related.

I wish I could help you more, but I'm new to all this. :smile:

13. rsxr22

rsxr22 Member

Aug 17, 2011
    I only have NS on one of my guns(im actually selling it though anyway) Sig 226 Blackwater and the TG TFO is very fragile. I broke 2 front sights on mine.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted