Truth never embraces Censorship

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by paid4c4, Feb 12, 2012.

1. paid4c4

paid4c4 Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Sep 26, 2011
    Seems someone touched a nerve on a certain other website:
    http://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=352607
    I thought the purpose of a forum was to communicate thoughts and ideas, some of which maybe different from our own. When a thread doesn't involve vulgarity or slander why lock it? I guess we'll never know how that particular topic got too close to the truth or stepping on some sponsors toes. It never ceases to amaze me how some who would fight to protect the Second Amendment are so quick to deny others their First Amendment. I'll put the soapbox away.
    Bill

2. Bender

Bender Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 15, 2011
    And this is wht Trent created this little slice of heaven for us,.........:nod:

Thanks Trent!
    Thanks Quack!

3. Blue Ridge

Blue Ridge Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    Says closed b/c the OP started an identical thread in the LB subforum.

4. paid4c4

Sep 26, 2011
    I find it strange the tread which has been locked isn't identical to the current thread in the LB subforum. I'm sure it wasn't intentional or was it, that's the strange thing about censorship it usually creates more questions than it answers. Sorry, theres that darn soapbox again.
    Thanks Trent and Quack!
    Bill

Last edited: Feb 12, 2012
  5. DAT85

DAT85 BIG OL' BALD HAID ! Supporting Addict

Aug 26, 2011
    Every time I sign on this site I am grateful for what those guys have done with this " place ". :thumb:

It's a truly unique forum which has a feel all it's own.

I actually am proud to have been banned from forum.com as they have a rep. for the behavior which (the op) is describing.

DAT85

6. paid4c4

Sep 26, 2011
    Dat, when we going to meet up and shoot? We have a group of old guys that shoot at 1 PM on Wednesday's. I generally shoot one other day during the week when the mood strikes. I'll spot you a few holes in the paper as a handicap!
    Bill

7. DAT85

Aug 26, 2011

I haven't forgotten the offer! :thumb:

You know,I haven't been to the range in at least 2 months.
    I work until 6pm during the week and work at a gunshop on Saturdays so for me it's a Sunday or at 10am on Saturdays so I can get to the shop by 12noon.

Now,in 2013 when I'm hopefully retired on the other hand..........:biggrin1:

DAT85

8. paid4c4

Sep 26, 2011
    Dat, congrats on the retirement thing. I've been retired a year and a couple of weeks except for the occasional expert witness job in Federal Court.
    All of us that shoot on Wednesdays are retired, most shoot 1911's and all shoot .45 cal. How about an evening, I'm game for about anytime. Saturdays and Sundays is usually the busiest times at Shooter's Range and some of those folks ought not have guns or at least around me if you understand.
    Bill

9. Bender

Bender Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 15, 2011

Ain't nothing wrong with a soapbox Bill,.......you make VERY valid points!
    I like topics that make me think,.......

10. Kruzr

Kruzr Hangin' In Supporting Addict

Sep 7, 2011
    The best part is how people just refuse to believe that the video was an ACCURATE representation of how Ed Brown is. He just doesn't want to be there and makes no secret of it with his cheap display or his "I don't care attitude." He will smile and take a picture with you but don't ask him any questions, especially about anything Brown does.

Since he doesn't want to sell more guns or parts than he already does, there is no point in getting someone as a front man who would do a much better job than he.

(BTW, his son Travis wouldn't qualify for the front man job either IMO.)

11. Glock2740

Glock2740 1911 addict Staff Member Moderator

Aug 16, 2011
    Amen Brother. :nod:

12. Ditto_95

Ditto_95 Why oh why? Supporting Addict

Nov 5, 2011
    Weaponseducation in cognito????????:Cry:

13. Greay Man

Greay Man New Member

Jan 10, 2012
    I have a question as a newer member and I hope that I don't get censored. I was directed to this forum by clicking on a link in someone's sig at 1911Forum. I like both of these forums and I can't understand for the life of me if people hate TOS so much, why we have so many people here talking about it all the time?

Sorry if I am out of line here, but I have enjoyed the light-heartedness here for sometime now and if TOS site is so anal, why do some of you visit there and post the links here so much? It seems like you just want to keep hatred here going. I recognize some of the names here from when I visit there and I cannot for the life of me understand why this is?

14. Kruzr

Kruzr Hangin' In Supporting Addict

Sep 7, 2011
    Naw, I would still buy another Brown if it was a screaming deal. Ed's lack of social skills doesn't show up in his guns.

The video guy swore them off forever.

15. DAT85

Aug 26, 2011
    If you haven't experienced what we have,you wouldn't understand.

And,anymore,the only time that place comes up is when post like yours appear.If we quote something from there,it's only to remind ourselves how good we have it here.

This thread is about a member's impression of censorship on other firearms forums.TOS is as good an example of censorship in action as any.

DAT85

16. Blue Ridge

Blue Ridge Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    I can only speak for myself, I am on both forums. I have never started a thread about TOS, nor had much to say about them, though. My post count there is probably 30, and I was there before here. I mostly read over there, I didn't find it a very welcoming community. I suppose they get tired of noobs like happens on every hobby forum, but I just never felt at home there. There are some awfully knowledgeable people and talented gunsmiths there, and certainly information to learn. I will say that a lot of threads have been locked there that I didn't feel were remotely out of line, and it's often not allowed both sides of an issue to be heard. I know a lot of people here were banned from there, and there is surely some hard feelings.

I've long thought this place needed a section for this type of chat away from the main board.

17. DAT85

Aug 26, 2011
    Considering how some of us feel about our treatment over there,and some members here don't seem to understand that,I think you may be on to something.

DAT85

18. Greay Man

Greay Man New Member

Jan 10, 2012
    So what I gather is that noobs aren't welcome there? (I don't post much there either) And from what DAT85 says, because I haven't been through (what? over there), I have no comprehension of anything over here? I do remember some of your posts there DAT, they seemed reasonable to me. I never did get to hear about your trip to the gun company. Did you buy a pistol? Are you working for them now? Did you meet Brian?

And by the way DAT, I didn't start this thread, someone else did. So, I don't know where you get that "the only time that place comes up is when post like yours appear" ........ it seems this whole thread is about a thread over there and was not started by me so, I don't get where you are coming from with that.

Or maybe it's because of my low post count (I'm a noob?)?

19. limbkiller

limbkiller Pulling my hair. Supporting Addict

Aug 18, 2011
    Toos was the 1st gun site I joined a couple of years ago. Got into 1911s and found the site fun and started learning about 1911s. I had just learned how to use computers then also. Found tos then [gt] and ran across Hokie, Quack, and others. That place was more fun until they cracked down on us and was told about this site. Fell in love so speak as I love to clown and have a good time with like minded people. Seems the people on this site that stay are more free spirited and more mature. I still go to those two and post once in a while but the FUN meter is not the same as here. I am a freedom loving man as are the members on this site and hate restrictions. My opinion is worthless as most peoples are but at least here as long as you are not demeaning someone for the sake of hurting them because of your own insecurity the members here understand. I find this site a breath of fresh air in a median that seems to want to sensor its own in an increasing amount.

20. DAT85

Aug 26, 2011

I have to apologize if I came off as blaming you for this thread.

The other forum stirs a lot of emotion in some of us and your post seem to indicate you understood that,and yet went on to question us for our feelings,
    Your post count means nothing here unlike some other forums.
    If you want to learn more about my experiences at TOS,please feel free to pm me as I do not want to waste bandwidth bitching about TOS endlessly.
    It's over and I have moved on.

I really shouldn't even posted my opinion on this thread as TOS for me,always leads to some ugly vibes.

DAT85

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted