1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Reasonably Well Known Member
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
From master gunsmith Terry Tussey, a full size 5 inch .38 Super. Tussey is a legend in hand built 1911s and his guns are highly prized and don’t come on the market often. This one is built on a Springfield Armory frame with a Caspian slide. It’s all semi polished blue with contrasting polished stainless parts: single side thumb safety, grip safety and beaver tail, full one piece magwell and arched MSH, three hole trigger, hammer and oversized mag release and mag release catch plate. The top of the slide is flattened and serrated and the arched MSH is finely checkered, as is the recoil spring plug. It has a Clark .38 Super barrel and a Wilson Combat fully adjustable rear sight. Hand crafted from the ground up by a master. Gun, case and one Cobramag 10 round magazine. $2375 shipped. (I also have three other similar Tusseys in various calibers and finishes and I can offer three or four equal payments over the same number of months)

Product Gun Firearm Red Trigger
Gun Firearm Red Trigger Gun accessory
Gun Firearm Red Trigger Black
Leather Silver Steel Shotgun Baggage
Gun Firearm Trigger Ammunition Gun accessory
Gun Product Firearm Trigger Gun accessory
Metal Machine Cylinder Engineering Silver
Metal Composite material Machine Steel Silver

·
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
..just an unrelated question: were you a former Crusader aviator?
That’s an A-7 Corsair II attack aircraft and I took the picture of my squadron mate (while flying with my knees :eek:.o:) during a live bombing exercise in which we sank an old WWII surplus ship. The F-8 Crusader was similar looking but much more streamlined airplane with an afterburner capable of supersonic speeds, but it was a pure air-to-air fighter whereas the A-7 had a ground attack mission. War Party was our squadron call sign. I have an older brother who flew the F-8 in Vietnam.

WP

Airplane Mode of transport Aircraft Transport Jet aircraft
Airplane Aircraft Text Line Aerospace engineering

·
THE DOCTOR WILL SEE YOU......LATER
2,664 Posts
Pretty much all Tussey guns are a piece of 1911 history as the guy is amongst the "legends" of custom 1911's. His website alone is pretty interesting. Some of his guns have been in various movies, particularly carried by Steven Seagal(like him or not, he is also legendary). This is a fantastic price for a Tussey handgun.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Pretty much all Tussey guns are a piece of 1911 history as the guy is amongst the "legends" of custom 1911's. His website alone is pretty interesting. Some of his guns have been in various movies, particularly carried by Steven Seagal(like him or not, he is also legendary). This is a fantastic price for a Tussey handgun.
This looks like a "before his accident gun" when he was a one man shop! Just awesome stuff. I have one of his pistols--a 10mm.

·
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Bump for mid-week. Pictured below is an original order form for a similar Tussey gun I sold recently. As you can see the finished cost was $3599 and that was in 2007. These guns can’t be duplicated today at any price.

WP

Text White Style Font Black-and-white
Text White Style Font Black-and-white

·
Registered
8,928 Posts
PM sent, prefer 9mm or will take this great 38 superb if the 9mm is not available

1 - 17 of 17 Posts