Two Loves

Discussion in 'General 1911 talk' started by RatBikeRod, May 5, 2019.

1. RatBikeRod

RatBikeRod You Don’t Know Me!

Nov 22, 2017
    Anyone who knows me here (or anywhere) knows I have two soft spots (ok addictions) - 1911's and SIG's.

Being that SIG is best known for its top of class DA/SA pistol I had trended away until the P320 showed up. It was my first foray into the striker fired world. Then they came out with a P320 with a 1911 style manual safety. However, no matter how much I like the P320 (I have 6) I still tend to drift back to either my 1911 or my P229 Legion SAO.

Well, the other day I was looking around on GB (dangerous habit) and ran across something that I had wanted for a while. A P220 SAO Carry with the elite beaver tail. I figured it would be a fun addition to the safe and something I could work on as it has not been produced in some time. The limited pic's looked ok and knowing SIG's I knew that unless something catastrophic was wrong I could refresh it easily.

Well, I was pleasantly surprised when the P220 SAO Carry showed up. Not only was it in good shape but clean as a whistle. I oiled it up a bit and headed to the range. True to SIG quality it was functionally perfect and very accurate.

I added a set of G10 grips one of the members over at the SIG forum had available and will probably send it in to Gray Guns for a straight trigger and a little trigger work over. However, no rush because the trigger is pretty good. Not P229 Legion SAO good, but not bad.

These are two of my favorite 45 ACP pistols of all time. Really just factory cream of the crop in my mind!

[​IMG]

AJP, Colorado Sonny, cgff and 9 others like this.
  2. cherokee2u

cherokee2u Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2018
    Love my SIGs. Very reliable and accurate. I have multiples of all the older classic. Congrats on yours. P220 is a fine platform. Enjoy

3. Hunt5877

Hunt5877 Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Jan 27, 2019
    Love my P220 as well but I gotta say I got beaver tail envy

4. cgff

cgff Well-Known Member

Aug 24, 2015
    Congrats on the 220 carry, The 220 and Valor are Great Duo.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted