Two new Kelley holsters

Discussion in '1911 Gear' started by John, Oct 25, 2011.

1. John

John Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Oct 7, 2011
    Yesterday I got two new Kelley Gun Leather holsters in the mail. Both are his Ranger model. I was looking for something to replace my C5 Minimalist for AIWB carry, as the Minimalist is somewhat uncomfortable. Sent an e-mail to Steven Kelley to discuss a Ranger with a neutral cant, he gave me a few options on how to do it and I ordered two of the different options. Both sounded good, decided to buy em both and see which I liked more. Wore each of them for an hour or two around the house this morning.

The first option was designed to give a much higher ride, in theory making appendix carry more comfortable

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This seems very comfortable, at least for the hour or two I wore it this morning. But it's too high. So little of the muzzle is under the belt that it constantly feels unbalanced as though the gun is leaning out away from my body. I think with a five inch gun it might work quite well though. I've never before thought I could carry a 5" 1911 AIWB.

The second holster was made with his new snaps (which I do not think are mentioned anywhere on his website).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This holster rides about an inch lower than the first one. I like this holster a lot, so far. Feels like it's balanced and pulled in tight to the body. Very secure. Also very comfortable. Because this one rides lower, I don't think it'd be very comfortable with a 5" gun. But, with my DW CCO it's just about perfect. I think this one will be my main holster.

Please excuse the crappy cell phone pictures. I am not photographer and I do not have a camera.

2. Blayglock

Blayglock Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 18, 2011
    Very nice sir. i just got my first in a 10 days ago or so

[​IMG]

3. Quack

Quack it's mmm, mmm good... Staff Member Admin

Aug 15, 2011
    looks good guys.

4. Hokie

Hokie Active Member

Aug 17, 2011
    Looks like a nice alternative to MS without the wait.

5. GM*

GM* ~

Oct 15, 2011
    Very nice holsters :thumb:

6. Blayglock

Blayglock Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 18, 2011
    What these pictures dont capture is how thin this holster is. It is much thinner than my NHC and it pulls the grip of the 1911 very close and tight into the body. Given that these only like a 2-Week turn-around and cheaper than the MS it seems like a no-brainer. Not bashing MS at all, just saying this is such a good value.

7. GM*

GM* ~

Oct 15, 2011
    You are right, they do not; I thought they looked pretty thick. I am always trying to find thin good holsters.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted