1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Chief Steward of Man Law
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have come to the conclusion that I don't see as well as I used to. I have said for years that sights are almost an afterthought if you have a consistent and accurate index. I have prided myself on sticking to my iron sights and still shoot well. And I have even had special shooting glasses made with med focus right lens and long focus left lens. It helped but I still can't quite get a clear focus on the sights or the target. Result? Ever expanding groups. Yet I also know that I still shoot my .38 Super as good as I ever did. The difference? J-Point optic on the the .38.

So being bored stuck at home not working, I've done all the cleaning and tuning I can do, so it was time to do something to be able to shoot my favorite pistol better. So today I did a novak-ectomy and inserted a Vortex Venom.

Now I gotta wait til the range re-opens so I can sight it in and see how much my groups improve.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
Getting older bites! I can see everything very well with my prescription lenses- except I cannot focus my front site anymore. I know I could get glasses corrected for that but then I'd be giving up something else, or using them exclusively at the range. I may be giving a RMR a try myself in the near future, although I have previously shunned them. I hope this works out perfectly for you!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts