1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I believe I have an original UNC Remington 1911. About 60% finish, all inspection marks seem to be proper based on the info I have been able to find. 4 digit serial number, 3xxx. Also have a holster dated 1917 and a magazine - both were with the pistol when I bought it. Getting an estimate of the value has been difficult, between 3500 and over 18000. I'm looking for more info on the possible value, as I'm interested in selling. Thanks for any help.
DSC_6018.JPG
View attachment 226877
DSC_5984.JPG

·
Vendor
2,851 Posts
My want for that is more than I am comfortable with. . .

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
If you're serious about getting an honest valuation or possibly selling this pistol, you need to get equally serious about providing adequate photos.
Start with proper lighting, outdoors in a shady area works best. Next is providing enough photographic information to assess finish and proper markings.
From what I see, this one won't come close to the 5 figure mark, but if all checks out, could be a nice addition to someone's collection.

·
NRA Endowment member
3,145 Posts
Welcome to the addiction from SoFla.
Nice gun,and find.
Please pay close attention to the rules and follow the great advise of those in the know.
We are glad you made it here. Enjoy the Addicts forum.
DC4E3B2F-4372-44AE-8AA9-86F4E90BA837.jpeg
1B0B2DB0-0E17-4F01-B795-0F963FBE5F59.jpeg

Reactions: Scaramouche

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If you're serious about getting an honest valuation or possibly selling this pistol, you need to get equally serious about providing adequate photos.
Start with proper lighting, outdoors in a shady area works best. Next is providing enough photographic information to assess finish and proper markings.
From what I see, this one won't come close to the 5 figure mark, but if all checks out, could be a nice addition to someone's collection.
Thanks much. The photos served the purpose at the time. I'll get some better as soon as I can.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts