• Yes, it's different!

Votes: 23 21.5%
  • No, it's fugly!

Votes: 70 65.4%
  • Hmmm... I'm torn!

Votes: 14 13.1%
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Consider my signature line before replying . . . .
14,799 Posts
Hmmm, I may need to send Deadpool to Nighthawk to get him refinished in that color. It might give some "legitimacy" to his condition . . . . . . :rolleyes:

Right @FWoo45 ?

·
just one more
656 Posts
I'm o.k w/ it. I like a distressed look, but to be fair my favorite is "honest holster wear" like you see with many Baer's.
Nothing wrong with this one, it's a nice 1911. Not top 10 in my book but cool none the less.

·
Premium Member
3,443 Posts
Well Sir,
If my life was on the line, a life or death situation, and that was the only gun that I could get to, it would be the "PRETTIEST S.O.B. ON EARTH". But otherwise ..................................!

Jim D.

·
Turgid member
523 Posts
I'd get a cheap sacrificial leather holster, put some sort of fine abrasive compound in it and practice drawing the gun. A lot. I'm serious.

Reactions: ZoidMeister

·
Turgid member
523 Posts
Or leave it in the woods somewhere and play hide and seek...

Reactions: ZoidMeister

·
Registered
131 Posts
Not for me, and the Gunsmith that built it wouldn't even put a check mark next to his name, so......;)
That's funny.

View attachment 407747 Pass on this look. Here is my new Talon II. You decide. Too each his own though, and that is how new ideas evolve.
That's mean/not fair. Beautiful animal. Love the furniture.

I like the Distressed/ Battlefield Pickup look. I like things sometimes just because most people don't. I think a '70 Bronco has beautiful lines, even more beautiful when dirty. Maybe because I was always the ugly kid.

I do get natural, honest wear vs forced patina. But I don't think this infringes on integrity, hardly. It's a statement. And a statement that causes people to make a funny face and roll their eyes a bit has value, even if it's only for that effect, imo.

And if the finish was the reason for a such a great deal..even better. Shoot it inside, shoot it outside proudly..in the high sunshine on the busiest of days. Upturn some noses, roll some eyes and just giggle..there will be maybe one out of 10 that appreciate it. (okay, maybe way less) At the end of the day, it matters not..only how it makes you feel is the matter. And you can change the finish easy enough whenever. It a great pistol no matter the make up...That's how I see it anyway.

20200114_203205.jpg

Different animal. Same Baby Poop theme. Most of my boys hate it..which makes me like it more..And, ubove all else, it's a shooter

·
Turgid member
523 Posts
Not for me, and the Gunsmith that built it wouldn't even put a check mark next to his name, so......;)
Is Stevie Wonder working there now?

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
Looks like the color scheme isn't doing too good in the poll! Lol... It's OK, I got a STEAL on this one so I could even have it refinished if i don't like it when it gets here. :cool:
what you like is what matters. I have a color scheme like that on my WC pro. I love it. enjoy that toy

1 - 20 of 50 Posts