1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Linens Home accessories Paper

This beauty stole my heart and was financially difficult to get, but the Ion-bond job made it well worth it. It's really special to take a gun for every day carry, a range session, even IDPA, and be able to clean it up, wipe it down, and have this brand new looking gun again. By far the most satisfying handgun purchase I've ever made.
Born in October of 2010. I scored this jewel on Gunbroker in August of 2013. My most expensive handgun purchase, a Wilson Combat CQB Compact, all bullet-proof, with slide-top serrations, a gold bead front sight, and Tactical Boot rear sight. Naked slides, with "Wilson Combat" adorning the right-side dust cover. Checkering on the front and back strap are the standard 30 LPI, and the back-strap features Wilson's "round-butt" contouring. The trigger, and hammer are in stainless while the rest of the pistol is finished in Ionbond DLC. This was not re-finished in Ionbond DLC, but was factory order "in the white" and was sent to Dave Erickson of Condition One Pistolsmithing - a top shelf 1911 shop - for surface prep/polish and finishing in Ionbond DLC. Ten years later, it shows absolutely zero holster wear, zero abrasion from ejected shells, has no corrosion. It has had north of 2000 rounds through it. The hammer recess exhibits minimal wear considering rounds fired, as pictured. Slide and frame rails exhibit almost zero wear, the Ionbond finish has not been worn through. Barrel lock up is tight, as is the slide/frame fit. Included is a pair of custom, hand crafted, double-diamond grips in Gaboon Ebony from Esmerelda. Those are thin grips, with screws, no bushings. I swapped out bushings to standard Challis bushings to accommodate these one of a kind Turkish walnut grips with hobo nickle inlays.
https://www.1911addicts.com/threads/cool-grips.29042/#post-379737
https://www.1911addicts.com/threads/a-very-unique-wilson-cqb.20504/
The gun is for sale for $4850 with both sets of grips and three magazines as pictured. The two dark mags are Tripp Research and were Ion Bonded at the same time as the pistol. The third is a Wilson Combat Stainless. I have not shot or carried this gun in at least three years. Round count is less than 3k. Gun remains as pristine as all pictures in linked threads. Time to move it along to another enthusiast.

Attachments

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It was spec'd out this way. I have original build sheet from WC and receipts from Dave Erickson at Condition One Pistolsmithing. I am the 2nd owner.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts