1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long story short my 2020 Denali 2500 died in the driveway something drained the batteries and would not even jump. Put the charger on it took another vehicle to eat breakfast came back after a couple of hours and it started. (software issue)

In my haste to get to the dealership (largest Chevy in the country) did not take my 226 Legion in the Kramer MSP horse holster out of the center console. Noticed it was gone this morning. Did not go anywhere after I got it home yesterday afternoon and the truck is secured at night.

Stopped in this am and they are closed parked outside one of the gates and walked around looking for anyone who might be around. Turns out the GM of the Dealership was there and driving through from another part (it is huge) I asked if he knew someone I could contact (was on hold with the Grapevine Texas police who I called to see if they had an emergency number) he introduced himself. When the person who I was speaking with came back on told him I had found someone at the Dealership and thanked him and hung up.

Mike (GM) made some calls and people are coming in to go through camera footage yes I feel bad but before a criminal report is filed like to give them a chance to at least see what the film shows.

LESSON -- NEVER EVER do what I did! I have only done this once yes once and look what happens. Dumb Ass Me!:asshat:

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
In mass, they would take my license to carry and all my guns. If it’s not on me it’s locked in the safe. Thankfully I never see the signs that say gun free zone. I refuse to leave a gun in the car. I always read people having truck guns and people leaving ar pistols in cars through out the country.

All it takes is one person to steal it, and commit a felony/murder the. I’d feel terrible.

Hopefully it turns up. Wonder if a tech snagged it from the dealer.

Nothing I hate more than thieves.

Hope this has a positive outcome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
That sucks.

Well, at least it was a Sig Legion, and not something valuable like a 1911. ;)

·
Registered
288 Posts
Bummer man. I've only lost one firearm to theft. I left the SP101 that my pop gave me on my 18th birthday in the center console of my car during work and forgot to lock the passenger door. After work it was gone.

Still regret that. Hope you get it back and are allowed to beat the thief! :)

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thieves suck. Hopefully the police can track down your Sig. I'm sure you're not holding your breath that they will.
WWWEEEELLLLL I just tried to get Kimmy at Kramer on the phone and they are closed today.:poop: I have another SIG like that one I can use but no STINKING HOLSTER! :)

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Am I the only one who isn't infuriated that the brand new truck caused the ordeal?
I have had all kinds of problems with that truck! Bought in August have 15k already. Still love it! Most are software related one hardware the mid steering shaft had to be replaced.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.