1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ya can't say in sta laaaa shun in the title I guess.... WTH????
**NOTE** The previous threads on this item have been deemed TOAST from an operational standpoint. Hence the reason for this new thread.

UPDATE....

OK OK OK ............... "get on with it" they say!!!

This morning I put the unit into "Groot"..... Yes, (@notshawn54) It does now have a front sight.
***He'll probably comment on the round butt grips I put on a Bobtail. :rolleyes::rolleyes:***

I installed a set of similar feeling grips so I can get the feel of the two guns closer to each other.
DISCLAIMER!!! I'm just a Joe gun owner/tinkerer and have no formal training for making evaluations that go any further than being my opinion.

This particular install required NO modifications to the existing Thumb Safety. The only adjustment I made was to set a bit more tension in the Grip Safety spring so it fully engaged it to the MSH.

After ensuring that I had full performance from TS & GS I did 10 trigger pull measurements. (yes I have a funky gauge that isn't as accurate as the digital units, but measurements between the two guns will be relative. The NH pulled consistently at 3lbs 15oz to 4lbs 1oz... The Harrison TR at 3lbs 8oz to 3lbs 10oz.

**Note** Similarities between these two guns are: both are JEM frames & Caspian slides, both have EB springs, short triggers & mainspring components. They both have approx. 300 rds through them. The difference is the the CCO has approx. 60 rds. on the Harrison TR Ignit. kit and zero rds fired on the NH set.

In my opinion (imo) for you texters. The TR seems to roll into the hammer break where the NH feels a bit sharper. I'll see if pulls & breaks change as they both have more rounds through them.

FYI: The hammer is .070 thinner than my EB hammer..... :( Looks whimpy IMO.

IMG_3444 (2).jpg
IMG_3446 (2).jpg
IMG_3448 (2).jpg

·
Premium Member
5,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
CCH by Tyler Gun Works......... good people.

·
Premium Member
5,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)

·
Registered
149 Posts
I wonder how this NH trigger compares to a NH built pistol's trigger...

What's the deal with the word in******n?

·
Premium Member
5,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I wonder how this NH trigger compares to a NH built pistol's trigger...
What's the deal with the word in******n?
Thread police are on duty...
car 54..jpg

Its all good though.

·
Premium Member
1,194 Posts
Looking forward to your test.

·
Consider my signature line before replying . . . .
14,799 Posts
At the risk of CRATERING another of The Collector's threads . . . . . . . . .

Installatiőn
Ïnstállation
Installątion
Inśťallatîôñ
Just put the damn thing in . . . .

·
Premium Member
5,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The whole afternoon is streaming by and I'd kind like to hear about how it shoots, I know Oprah is compelling afternoon television northeast of Tanque Verde but come on!
Don't let me keep you from Oprah... or the View for that matter. :bored:
I mentioned previously that I wouldn't make it to the range until Fri.

Bob at NH said they tested this thing for nearly 2 years and consistently the break worked itself down to about 3 lbs 10 ounces after 100 consecutive fires.
For those of you who can be a little more patient... I did about 300 dry fires today and measured (with the funk gauge) a consistent 3lbs 14ozs.
For whatever that's worth to anyone.

·
Premium Member
5,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just F-in with the thread title.... :cool2:

Journalism 101

Reactions: Scaramouche

·
Premium Member
5,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #20