1911 Firearm Addicts banner

UPDATE..Score! (I think...)

2K views 22 replies 18 participants last post by  Jwp 
#1 ·
So a fellow Officer is culling his herd...just sold me a Blued Springfield Trophy Match National Match .45acp....serrated arched mainspring housing, National match barrel, full length guide rod, adjustable trigger, adjustable rear sight, flattened & serrated top of slide, painted sights, pachmyr wrapround grips, trophy logo with NM on it....he says it’s about 20yrs old and he only has about 2,000 rounds through it...

The best part....$500..
Finger Gun Firearm White Trigger
Brown Product Gun Firearm Metal
Material property Office supplies Stationery Peach Cylinder
Machine Office equipment
Gun Firearm White Trigger Gun accessory
Finger Cable Electrical supply Wire
Finger Cable

See less See more
#6 · (Edited)
Nice catch and a great price. That's an early Trophy Match, you should call Springfield and find out when it was made. I had one like it, it was a '96. From what I read the ones with trophies on both sides of the slide were put together in the custom shop.

I just checked pics , my serial number was just 19 guns from yours - 151214.

It would have come with a rat tail style grip safety but other than that, the grips, and the paint on the sights it looks original.

Gun Firearm Trigger Gun accessory Ammunition

#11 ·
Nice catch and a great price. That's an early Trophy Match, you should call Springfield and find out when it was made. I had one like it, it was a '96. From what I read the ones with trophies on both sides of the slide were put together in the custom shop.

I just checked pics , my serial number was just 19 guns from yours - 151214.

It would have come with a rat tail style grip safety but other than that, the grips, and the paint on the sights it looks original.

View attachment 377061
Yup..that would make sense....the slide-to-frame fit is GREAT....the ever-so-slightest amount of movement in the slide to frame fit when I grip the rear of the slide and rock it back and forth (I mean EVER SO SLIGHT)...when in battery, pushing down on the barrel hood there is ZERO up down movement....shaking the gun there is NO rattles whatsoever...trigger feels about 4.5 - 5.0 pounds with VERY minimal take-up and the break is crisp with a great reset....

The owner (he is a fellow Officer and fellow Team Member on our Special Response Unit) painted the sights, LOL...he apologized but said he liked them. He said the gun is an absolute tack-driver....and he knows guns, and I shoot with him on our Team and he's GOOD...so I believe him....

I'm kind of stoked....may be a good base gun for some work...

#13 ·
The older model trophy match had a lot of LB influence. They later went to the flat MS housing and did some additional little things that changed the styling a touch. These were very good and sought after pistols in the day, considered to be good competition target pistols. Very nice grab especially for 5 bills . Gun is worth twice that imo..

#18 ·
Thanks Badabing11!....The guy who sold it to me is a good Bud...he's retiring this upcoming year and we've been on our SRU Team together for the past 8 years....he's one of the only members when we do 2-man clearing exercises that he and I never have to utter a word....we just flow and know how each other moves....kind of a special thing I guess, LOL....

#19 ·
Zipper,

I assume that gun was a time to time range gun with only 2,000 rounds.

I have a TM model in SS that was a late model version before it was discontinued by Springfield. It was my first 1911 and it's one that gets passed down to the next generation. A fantastic shooter - I have been on the 1911 bandwagon ever since.

Your friend definitely did you a smooth on that deal.

#20 ·
So i detail stripped my mew girl...very clean...i polished the trigger bow, stoned the trigger tracks, polished the sear, squared the hammer hooks, polished the hammer, polished the disco, polished the feed ramp and barrel throat, installed an ambi safety, installed “new” grips, and polished her with a Zoid coconut cloth (pics suck, sorry)...trigger is a nice crisp 4.25-4.5lbs...now hopefully to the range!

only cosmetic issue i don’t like...MSH not flush...oh well...another project for another night..

Gun Firearm Trigger Light Tan
Gun Firearm Trigger White Line
Gun Yellow Firearm Trigger White
Gun Product Brown Yellow Firearm
Khaki Metal Material property Steel
Finger Skin Joint Pattern Tan
Gun Firearm Trigger Black Gun accessory
Finger Gun Brown Firearm Trigger
Amber Orange Metal Material property Gloss

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.