Updated - Wilson (and Nighthawk) Delivery Times

Discussion in 'Wilson Combat' started by azguy1911, Apr 26, 2019.

1. azguy1911

azguy1911 I'm done buying guns, I'm just a bystander now

Oct 22, 2015
    I ordered a Sentinel Compact today in 38 super, was quoted 4-6 months :cry:

I was under the assumption (I have no idea why) that delivery times were quicker now...has anyone had a gun delivered recently? What was the wait ?

Thanks ;)

Dub likes this.
  2. dougwtx

dougwtx Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Sep 8, 2011
    Although a few months ago; I ordered my .38 Super CQB with options from Gunslingers on Nov. 5, 2018 and George received it on Jan. 23, 2019. It was kitted on Nov. 19.

Dub likes this.

3. B81

B81 Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2018
    Guncrafter delivered my gun in about 3 months. :p

gps man likes this.
  4. azguy1911

Oct 22, 2015
    Thanks, that was 11 weeks if my counting was correct. That's not bad. I bet they under promise and over deliver ;)

Dub and Old Sea Dragon like this.
  5. dash

dash Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2016
    I think you’re right azguy1911. I haven’t ordered from Wilson in a few years but they always delivered a lot sooner than quoted. Hopefully it’s the same with with your order. I’ve considered getting a Super Sentinal too. Seems like the perfect carry gun, good choice.

6. stlgecko

stlgecko Gecko Lives Matter

May 24, 2014
    People still order Wilson’s?

Eric and Mike Meints like this.
  7. azguy1911

Oct 22, 2015
    I ordered a Nighthawk too, a T4 ;) a DLC slide over stainless, old school, cool, two-tone (the stock market has been good this year so I said WTF)

Dub, Babboonbobo, simonp and 2 others like this.
  8. stlgecko

stlgecko Gecko Lives Matter

May 24, 2014
    Just playing, I’m sure it will be sweet.

9. tnhawk

tnhawk Member

Jun 13, 2014
    I was several years ago that I ordered my Wilson. I received it within four days. There had been a cancelled order for the exact pistol.

10. azguy1911

Oct 22, 2015
    Update, this gun was kitted on May 8th after my April 26th order date and I got the call today it was complete. I love it when a company under promises and over delivers (I ordered a NH T4 in 9mm with lots of options on the same day so we'll see).

I'm so looking forward to this Sentinel Compact in 38 Super, it shipped today !

Options included;

• Ryan Wilson High Grip Frame Mod
    • Extreme de-horn
    • Omit Slide Markings -Leave Logo
    • Omit FCS
    • Semi-extended slide release
    • Front Sight - Ameriglo Tritium with Orange Outline
    • Rear Sight - Battlesight, Black Serrated, Tritium
    • Long 3-hole trigger
    • Black/Gray Aggressive Beveled Compact grips

The Sentinel Compacts come pretty loaded as stand, I guess they should for $3,750 as a base gun. The base gun includes:

• Round butt frame
    • High-cut checkered frontstrap
    • Concealment beavertail grip safety & hammer
    • Countersunk slide-release,
    • Heavy machine chamfer on slide bottom
    • Match-Grade Barrel, Flush-Cut Reverse Crown
    • Slide top serrations - 30 LPI
    • Serrated rear of slide - 40 LPI
    • Carry Cuts+Ball Cuts
    • Fluted Chamber
    • Fluted Barrel

Dub and Old Sea Dragon like this.
  11. TheCollector

TheCollector Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2018
    I ordered my WC X9L on May 8th and was told 4-6 mos. Its on its way to Jess now.
    I ordered my NH Falcon May 16th and was told 10 weeks. Waiting to hear a ship date.
    I thought for sure I'd have the NH first............ guess not.

12. apipeguy

apipeguy Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2014
    They typically do, much better than overpromising and being unable to deliver when expected.

13. Eric

Eric Cav Troopers Dad

Sep 10, 2011
    I have a Talon that was ordered 4-26, I believe it out for finish right now, I shot it in the white last week.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

14. azguy1911

Oct 22, 2015
    Yeah, 10-11 weeks is an amazing turn-around, I'm delighted ;)

One interesting thing, they asked where I wanted it shipped and I told them SGC (Scottsdale Gun Club) and they said:

"they are an elite dealer, we really can't ship a gun to an elite dealer we are suppose to encourage you when you order a gun to work with a local dealer if you you have one nearby"

I was like that's the first I heard of that. I then said there's another shop near me but I know they have a large inventory of Wilson's so they must be a dealer too, which she confirmed. She then asked if I knew of a small home based FFL I could use and I was like I'm not sending a $4,500 Wilson to someone I don't even know, to their house.

As you guys know I buy and sell a lot of guns so I called my contact at SGC and they made a call to Wilson and said it was fine by them -- SO my gun is being shipped to SGC.

Dub, A45GUNNER and Eric like this.
  15. azguy1911

Oct 22, 2015
    I have a feeling I won't see my T4 till September, which is OK, I need to shake the money tree between now and then :roll:

TheCollector likes this.
  16. TheCollector

TheCollector Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2018
    Shake that tree vigorously and send me what you don't need!!!!

Dub, 1911 crazed and Eric like this.
  17. azguy1911

Oct 22, 2015
    Well, guess what? Nighthawk emails me today and the T4 is complete, Nighthawk cashed my deposit check on May 8th and commenced the build on that day -- I'm assuming -- so that's a damn good turnaround time for a 4-6 month quote and virtually the same as Wilson to the day.

BUT, there was a problem :(

I wanted the slide without their signature T4 style carry cut and had requested ball end cuts. I guess this got lost in the process. My rep picked up on it and reached out and sent me some pictures. In the end, we decided to mill the slide for the ball cuts and then send it back out for DLC treatment. It'll be worth the wait.

I sent them the sights (as NH uses almost exclusively the straight eights which i don't like) along with WC BP semi-extended slide-release, 3-hole trigger and retro-safety.

It'll also give me another few weeks to shake the money tree ;)

T4 1.png T4 2.png

t3-web-004.jpg

Dub, 1911 crazed, 45ACP_ray and 2 others like this.
  18. Eric

Eric Cav Troopers Dad

Sep 10, 2011
    That is going to look good.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

19. Old Sea Dragon

Old Sea Dragon Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2018
    I ordered a Enforcer a week after you placed your order. Dare I hope mine is getting close?

Eric likes this.
  20. azguy1911

Oct 22, 2015
    You'd think, right ? I figured mine with the DLC slide would be another month or even two as when I ordered it he said it'll be closer to the 6 months than the 4 months so I was thinking September

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted