1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the current "corn teen" (say it slow like you're from the deep south) I'm doing more loading on my 650XL and the ball handle starts to hurt my hand after about 75 rounds and my shoulder starts hurting. Dillon makes their Roller handle and I just looked at the Inline Fabrication Ergo handle. My Dillon is mounted on a high bench so I stand when loading and at the full forward position the ball handle is about shoulder high. Maybe you can get a feel for how its mounted here vs the lower desk. Are there other or better options between Dillon and Inline?
20200311_213818.jpg

Are there other options?

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Mine also has a roller handle, and my press is mounted where the handle is a few inches below shoulder height. This set up works for me whether standing or sitting on a stool.

·
Student of the Columbian Exchange
7,866 Posts
With the current "corn teen" (say it slow like you're from the deep south)
Don't know much about history
Don't know much biology
Don't know much about a science book
Don't know much about the French I took

Nor do I reload. But I've always been careful listening to how folks talk, I really like this. it's brilliant.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So, I did some innerweb searching and decided that before I buy a new handle, I could try the Pool Ball solution. I found one on eBay for under $20. I'll run that for a while and see how I like it. If I decide "nope, not working" I'll reconsider.

I think my qualms for the Inline Fab handle is the offset in the forward position is very far forward to save about 3" on the bottom of the downstroke. The Dillon version isn't drastic but some folks report that it wants to twist in use and requires readjustment during a loading session

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
I have 2 Dillon XL650s and both have the roller handle. I have to say it made a big difference, there is less fatigue, hand and arm pain during a long reloading session (500+). I would say it's the best thing out there short of getting your wife to pull the handle.

·
Womb? Weary? He rests. He has travelled.
4,981 Posts
I have an Inline on my 650 and like it.

Reactions: Dub

·
Registered
3,179 Posts
I have the Dillon roller handle on my 550 and it is far superior to the ball. Neighbor had the ball handle for a month and once he tried mine he upgraded too. I don’t know anything about the other brand but either would be a big improvement

·
Registered
803 Posts
I placed my order for the roller earlier last week. To be honest, I’ve cranked out 2000 rounds at a sitting with the ball and never had any issues, but just cooped up at home decided to try one.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've had my 650XL for over a decade and it wan't an issue when I was younger. Now that I'm in my mid-50's my parts are getting old, arthritis is setting in and things that never bothered me in my 40's bother me now.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Stop messing with the ball handle, never understood why Dillon makes such a great press with such a poor handle. Switch to the roller handle, you won't regret it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts