UPS is anti-gun!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Adam13, Sep 17, 2020.

1. Adam13

Adam13 Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2020
    I’m listening.
    To flat out tell me my thoughts /impression / interaction with an individual (of which your were not there) is Wrong to you.... requires some explanation.
    Do you work for UPS?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. gunfighter45

gunfighter45 Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2012
    A “Hub” is corporately owned, ships guns, ammo, and such. A “Store” is privately owned and will NOT ship anything gun related. Pretty simple. Pay attention. Use them or not.

3. Adam13

Adam13 Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2020
    Thank you for your reply.
    This is exactly what happen to me....
    I’m sure I am NOT the anomaly (as others would assume)

4. El Perdido

El Perdido Fictional Western Sage

Oct 3, 2011
    I work for Uncle Sugar. And your impression of UPS corporate policy is wrong. UPS stores are independent franchises, as many others in this thread have stated. UPS ships ammo to my agency. UPS ships body armor, optics, and other gun related products to my agency.

5. Adam13

Adam13 Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2020
    Pay attention?

This is my first experience with any rejection of shipment by ANY COMPANY. And as I said... it have shipped firearms and ammo many times.

My post wasn’t intended for degradation.

More of a message of one person’s experience. And a call to those that have similar experiences.

HooDoo Man likes this.
  6. Adam13

Adam13 Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2020
    It’s possible I am wrong with my impression.

I think what I have said has been either not read.... or over looked. I buy a TREMENDOUS amount of gun related items. ( as mentioned in prior post) many of which is shipped to my home via UPS. I clearly understand that it is not a consistent practice to not ship firearm related items.

Still, When I spoke with the UPS attendant at MY location, he was insistent that it was UPS policy.

He seemed at that time to be apologetic and frustrated with his own company rules.

Yes, maybe the disconnect is UPS store versus UPS hub.

However, the message was that it was UPS policy.

7. Adam13

Adam13 Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2020
    This is exactly what I did.

8. Adam13

Adam13 Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2020
    First time. Last time.

Songcatcher and nikerret like this.
  9. gunfighter45

gunfighter45 Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2012
    Pay attention wasn’t directed at you.

Adam13 likes this.
  10. AZ Husker

AZ Husker Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Oct 14, 2017
    Other than a firearm you can ship it USPS. Pack it or use one of their flat rate boxes. There are no laws concerning anything but the serialized frames. I ship gun parts (including slides) with no problem. You could do the same with UPS, just don't tell them what's in the box. But the post office is much cheaper.

Songcatcher likes this.
  11. Bender

Bender Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 15, 2011
    If YOU paid attention, you would see I replied to a comment that had no mention of this complaint being about a UPS Store. Everyone knows that any UPS store can not ship firearms or ammo.

I’ve shipped gun parts, magazines and optics.
    Your comment does not apply to the UPS Store here.

FWoo45 likes this.
  12. Greg M.

Greg M. Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Mar 6, 2020
    Someone above was correct. The hub will ship it but the small stores will not.

HooDoo Man likes this.
  13. Kevin Rohrer

Kevin Rohrer Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Jul 6, 2014
    UPS stores are not part of UPS. They are privately owned and make-up their own rules. They will not ship guns because their employees cannot be trusted to ship them.

Box-up your scope and take it to a UPS shipping location, which is what I use to ship guns. They will not give you a problem.

ILED93 and Adam13 like this.
  14. jfrey

jfrey Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Oct 10, 2012
    I recently returned a scope for repair and the instructions from the company were to pack it in the original box then put that box securely in a plain box and return it. The scope box fit in a box kid's snacks came in so I packed it that way and took it to FEDEX. I won't use UPS if there is any way around it. Their exorbitant shipping prices for firearms is because THEIR employees were stealing them so they charge the customer for their failures. UPS drivers have left firearms on my front porch 4 times when they were clearly labeled an adult signature was required. To heck with them, I won't use them if there is any other way.

HooDoo Man likes this.
  15. Jameeson

Jameeson Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2015
    You may not want that exposure shipping something you are not supposed too - if it gets lost or damaged....which happened to me recently on a $3,000 car part, thankfully was not a firearm, but I am in the middle of it now and its a **** show.

I use FedEx...and will from now on, for everything.

16. Adam13

Adam13 Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2020
    Good advice.

But, FedEx here is horrendous.
    I can show you video of my Fedex guy throwing my packages onto my driveway. Some of which has broken. And try complaining to Fedex.. it’s not easy to reach anyone and it has gone no where.

Dub likes this.
  17. Colt1911Guy

Colt1911Guy Lifetime NRA member

Aug 27, 2017
    I just shipped 4 shotgun chokes from a ups store back to Browning, in a Browning labeled box that they came in.
    From my experience the key is to not have a mask on.
    They panic and make you stand outside the front door while someone in a hazmat suit grabs your box with some sort of large tongs without caring what’s in it.
    Worked for me anyway.

Songcatcher likes this.
  18. Nick Rice

Nick Rice Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2017
    Just rewrap it, that guys obviously a liberal dickhead

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Adam13 and FWoo45 like this.
  19. Jameeson

Jameeson Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2015
    Well agreed, none are great.
    Then I would ship from the ups 'HUB' probably. I was directed there by the manager of my local UPS store, but she was such an emotional twat about it, I just couldn't bring myself to drive there and do it :)
    FedEx guys just asked me what declared value is, shipped direct, done.

20. AZ Husker

AZ Husker Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Oct 14, 2017
    Post office doesn't ask you what you are shipping except when you check the little
    box. Again, it is not illegal to ship gun parts, just the frame. And you'll save at least half.

FWoo45 likes this.