Upstate NY

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Jerry Gord, Oct 12, 2018.

1. Jerry Gord

Jerry Gord New Member

Oct 12, 2018
    Hello Group. I am 73 and live in upstate NY. I have a few guns to sell because I don't seem to have the interest in shooting any longer. I purchased a brand new Dan Wesson Valor and it is still in the box it came in untouched, unfired, so I have decided to sell it as I will probably never get to a club to make use of it. If a member is interested, i can be reached at [email protected]. Put in the subject area 1911 so I can find you in the mess of emails I receive.

I'm a banjo nut and enjoy picking my banjo now and then, but being an old fart, I tend to be online for the most part these days. It's sort of an extension of my old hobby as a radio ham.

2. pistolwretch

pistolwretch Dremel jockey Supporting Addict

Aug 26, 2011
    Jerry,
    I was bornt and razed in Rochester.
    Welcome to the best forum going!
    Chuck

Pedro, ImperialBlade, BR549er and 2 others like this.

3. tac45

tac45 What me worry ? Supporting Addict

Mar 4, 2012
    Now Jerry , you going to hangout with us and become addicted too
    1911s ,or are you just here to sell something while playing the banjo and talking on the radio. ?

4. WhoIsJohnGalt?

WhoIsJohnGalt? We Are! Supporting Addict

Feb 20, 2018
  5. Scaramouche

Scaramouche Student of the Columbian Exchange Supporting Addict

Sep 15, 2015
    Welcome to the forum from Nevada, it's great you joined us! I've always admired the beauty found in New York State, welcome.

P1030187.JPG

6. BR549er

BR549er Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2018
    Welcome from SWMO! Visited your Hudson River Valley 18 years ago, was great!

7. limbkiller

limbkiller Pulling my hair. Supporting Addict

Aug 18, 2011
    Well you have broken rules on your first post. Need pics, And there is minimum amount of posts. Read the rules PAL!!!

Capthobo and tac45 like this.
  8. WWB

WWB Administrator Staff Member Admin Moderator Supporting Addict

Apr 11, 2015
    Welcome to the forum

ImperialBlade likes this.
  9. 41 Charlie

41 Charlie Get off my lawn...

Feb 4, 2014
    Welcome aboard from east Missouri.

IMG_0195.JPG

Capthobo, Mike Meints, tac45 and 2 others like this.
  10. Wheels No More

Wheels No More Long gone

May 12, 2015
  11. pistolwretch

Aug 26, 2011
    Many folks have no idea of the beauty, or the politics of Upstate NY.
    Upstate NY is NOT New York City.
    Supporters of the 2nd Amendment, talented craftsmen in optics and machining, beautiful rolling hills with rivers, creeks and streams.
    Many immigrants from Italy, Germany and Eastern Europe. All contributing to the diversified culture of the area.
    Eastman Kodak, Xerox, Bausch and Lomb........etc.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2018
  12. Jerry Gord

Jerry Gord New Member

Oct 12, 2018
    Thank you Chuck. I discovered the forum just today. Nice to meet you here. Cobleskill, NY area is where I'm at.

ImperialBlade and Scaramouche like this.
  13. Jerry Gord

Jerry Gord New Member

Oct 12, 2018
    Hi tac45. Now if I can find a way to shoot, talk on the radio, play the banjo, and chat here all at once, that would be my goal. Since I owned a Gold Cup, a Sig 220, the Valor and also a Sig 220 SAO, I think I had that addiction long ago. Now I'm addicted to the internet for the most part.

tac45, ImperialBlade and Scaramouche like this.
  14. Jerry Gord

Jerry Gord New Member

Oct 12, 2018
    Hi Scaramouche. I have lived in NYS all my life. I've never had the pleasure to travel out West, but there is plenty of beauty out that way as well and for that matter all the states. Nice to meet you. What a friendly bunch. I just posted a short while ago and I am feeling like family already

15. Jerry Gord

Jerry Gord New Member

Oct 12, 2018
    Hi. Have you been to Lake George? Get up there some summer and enjoy! Where I live we have lots of farm lands in this small town. We don't have many stores as in the city, but a 40 minute drive gets me to everywhere in any direction, so we survive the country and I'd never live in a city again. I'm spoiled by the quiet here. :eek:)

16. pistolwretch

Aug 26, 2011
    Jerry,
    I'm an FFL.
    I'm not really looking to buy anything, but why not give me an idea of what you got?
    rogersp at cableone.net

ImperialBlade likes this.
  17. Jerry Gord

Jerry Gord New Member

Oct 12, 2018
    Excuse me for accidentally breaking some rules, but I haven't seen a link to the rules and being new, I am bound to goof, but never deliberately. I notce several others without uploaded photos, so I thought it was OK.

18. Jerry Gord

Jerry Gord New Member

Oct 12, 2018
    Thank you

19. Greg Derr

Greg Derr Custom Pistolsmith Supporting Addict

Oct 3, 2011
    Loved Up State when I went to school at RIT. Great hunting and fishing area.

20. Jerry Gord

Jerry Gord New Member

Oct 12, 2018
    Hi Pistolwretch. Off the top of my head, I have the Valor, a Buckmaster .22 4", a Marlin 39A Mountie, 1100 Special field 20 gauge, Thompson 50 cal stainless. I bought it new, sold the barrel and replaced it with a Bullberry .17 heavy target barrel, then had a trigger job done to it, and only fired 3 shots while trying to adjust the scope. It started to rain, so I never got to do the job. It has been sitting in my cabinet ever since. I also have an Anchutz single shot .22 which I did sight in. I fired about 5 shots, then put it away never to be used again. See what I mean? No real enthusiasm since none of my friends like to shoot. I tend to get into things I can share. I have more, but would have to look see to know.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted