Urban Survival Arms ordering experience

Discussion in 'Range Reports & Reviews' started by r.masa, Jan 4, 2019.

1. r.masa

r.masa Member

Nov 22, 2018
    Actually this branched off from another thread, but I thought I would make a specific one to Urbans survival arms since this is the first time I have ordered from them.
    I was debating on my next build, and couldn't decide on what to build next when I did an impulse buy from a company I have never heard of before. They had an ad for $399 80% build kit complete.
    Screen Shot 2019-01-05 at 2.23.32 AM.png

I figured $400 to build a complete 1911, I will give it a try and document the whole thing. I can barely buy a slide and frame for $400, how is it possible to get everything for $400.
    Anyway, looking at the picture, and from the description, I figured it was a Rock Island Armory build kit and frame. But still if all goes well, this would be the first time I would be able to build an 80% kit less than just buying it at the store.

xerts1191 likes this.
  2. xerts1191

xerts1191 Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2017
    They consider the magazine the last 20% of the kit? Keep us posted on the build.

3. Rooster0311

Rooster0311 Guest

Dec 27, 2018
    I think the frame is 80% complete is how I’ve always understood it. You have to machine the 20

4. r.masa

r.masa Member

Nov 22, 2018
    Correct
    Usually it is the rail, sear pin and hammer pin hole that needs to be completed. And depending on the company either the barrel seat or the top needs to be decked.

Rooster0311 likes this.
  5. r.masa

r.masa Member

Nov 22, 2018
    2 week update:

It has been 2 weeks now since I ordered and paid for my kit from Urban Survival Arms, and my items have not shipped yet.
    Before ordering my kit I emailed them and asked if the kit was in stock and ready to ship or something that I would have to wait a while on backorder. They assured me that the kit was in stock and will ship between 48-72 hours. I am beginning to doubt that now. The good thing about this company is that they answer emails fast, and they have a chat on the website and respond quickly, so communication wise they are very good. Just not so sure that they are a company that stocks items. I am beginning to think that they collect orders and then bring in items to distribute?

6. Rooster0311

Rooster0311 Guest

Dec 27, 2018
    Could be holiday related. What did they say as to why it hasn’t been processed yet?

7. r.masa

r.masa Member

Nov 22, 2018
    I did contact them last week to check status, and they did say that there were holiday delays and that my package will ship last week Thursday, although I don't think it was shipped or has been shipped yet, as I haven't received any shipping data. I am not ready to give up on this company yet, and still have a couple more orders to try with them.
    After I receive the current order I will place another before I make any decision on the company.

Rooster0311 likes this.
  8. Rooster0311

Rooster0311 Guest

Dec 27, 2018

For sure. Doesn’t sound great but hope you get straightened out.

9. r.masa

r.masa Member

Nov 22, 2018
    3 week update:

I have finally received my order just 2 days short of 3 weeks.
    I went through all the parts, and everything is there.
    Everything is steel, except for maybe the guide rod?
    All the small parts look to be cast but looks really good.
    The frame looks to be cast also but still a very nice job.
    The slide is milled, not sure from what, could be extruded or forged.

10. Mrgunz

Mrgunz New Member

Jan 28, 2020
    Dont buy from this company, check out there facebook community, people talking to them not getting anywhere. Im filing a dispute tomorrow, its been over a week.

Tonylama likes this.
  11. Tonylama

Tonylama New Member

Jan 30, 2020
    Dont be in a hurry, Two weeks after my order was placed and paid, i contacted Urban , simply because I had not recived any contact from them. I was told imy item would be shipped the next day. Well I recived an email saying a shipping label was made... two weeks later the items still had not been shipped. I attempted to contact them thru email and phone ( the answering machine said everyone was working in shipping, but to leave a message.... the box was full so I could not leave a message )
    I tried the on line chat. No one was there..... I finially got an email from them saying they would be glad to refund me.... it's been a couple of days... so will wait and see what happens.....

I get it holidays and shot show. But, I called to make sure the items were in stock before I ordered . I was told yes they are in stick and you will receive them in 3 to 5 business days.......

12. THE BEAR

THE BEAR New Member

Feb 16, 2020
    wow ! I am going through exactly the same events .Ordered And paid 1/24/2020- today is 02/16/2020.. over 3 weeks .
    I am at the your shipping labels been prepared part for over a week , and I checked with ups they have no information about my order .I have a ups account so If they had any info I would be able to access. This is discouraging as I could have purchased this item from several other sources . On a positive note the video for the 80% build was good. :bored:

13. Brandon Brant

Brandon Brant New Member

Feb 19, 2020
    Also going through the exact issue places my order a month ago and have received a shipping label but it has been over a week and nothing has shipped. I have called, emailed, messaged through FB messenger as well as the chat option on their website and no reply. This is very unprofessional and to be out $370 you could say I’m pissed. I strongly discourage anyone from using these people for the simple fact that they are impossible to reach and have horrible customer service.

14. Brandon Brant

Brandon Brant New Member

Feb 19, 2020
    Also going through the exact issue places my order a month ago and have received a shipping label but it has been over a week and nothing has shipped. I have called, emailed, messaged through FB messenger as well as the chat option on their website and no reply. This is very unprofessional and to be out $370 you could say I’m pissed. I strongly discourage anyone from using these people for the simple fact that they are impossible to reach and have horrible customer service.

15. mikebonez

mikebonez New Member

Feb 25, 2020
    Well hey at least I’m not alone, placed my order feb 4th and they have been nothing but a nuisance since, you can’t ever get in contact with them, when you do they just lie their asses off about the status of your order, and when you ask for a refund or to cancel they just ignore the mail i recieved an email that my order has shipped 10 days ago but usps says only the label has been “created and does not indicate shipment or being recieved by usps” such a sham of a company don’t waste your money

16. jeremy98

jeremy98 New Member

Apr 25, 2020
    i ordered from them last year (2019) during the holidays and while the shipping did take several weeks, eventually i did receive my order and i liked the build kit. placed another order in January and received that kit within a few weeks. while their contact is minimal, i have had no issues getting my products.

17. Desmond Murrell

Desmond Murrell New Member

May 8, 2020
    I ordered a Glock 43 build kit right before covid-19 on 3-16-20. My credit card was charged $655 and I never got a order number let alone a tracking number. I email this company which is operated by Giovanni Sanchez probably 3-4 times a week. I’ve called their 800 number (which is there as some kind of false hope line) and left plenty of messages. He has responded 3 times each with fake and false information. First I was told there were major delays and that i would be updated. Then about 2 weeks later I was told that they were waiting on slides and that they had come in. I was also told my order would ship that week but I was still not given a tracking number nor did I even have a order number. Meanwhile I had been emailing and calling in between this timeline. I continued to email and call and threatened to report this to my credit card company. I asked if i needed to cancel my order to which Giovanni responded “I will find out today and get back with you.” That was 4-29-20 and I have yet to hear back from him. I have been trying to hold out but it doesn’t seem like he will be fulfilling my order.

18. Spiv

Spiv New Member

May 11, 2020
    Worst company ever placed an order on 2-21-20 still nothing today 5-11-20 no responses to e mail. Three weeks ago said we're waiting for sights. Should be delivered that day. Still nothing

19. zChambers

zChambers ........... Supporting Addict

Jan 21, 2015
    I think its interesting this thread is being kept alive by a bunch of accounts with only 1 post.

gps man likes this.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted