1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about picking up one of the new US made Sig P210 Target pistols. Would like some input on the quality of the gun. I see they are also coming out with (some day) a P210 Carry version but not sure if that one would make any sense for a range/slash competition gun.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
They are nice. I only have experience with the USA target version. Build quality is great and the only downside is that the trigger isn’t up to 1911/2011 standards but better than most factory triggers in a similar price point. Very accurate but it’s a single stack and i wish they would make a double stack version. Even with that in mind, I have contemplated getting one. A guy at my range just got one and he let me put some rounds down range. The 6” super target is what I would buy however they are custom 2011 money. Hard to see the value there but the Sig P210 is a nice firearm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
1911 Pistol Smith
10,306 Posts
My only complaint is the trigger reset is ridiculously long. And the mag release is way to short for target grips. I guess that is why Sig sells short reset trigger kits for every gun they make. Aftermarket parts market. That being said they are nice accurate shooters, but as soon as the parts are open game from gray guns, I'll be upgrading mine with a short reset and extended mag release at the very least.

·
1911 Pistol Smith
10,306 Posts
I will say my first one had a better trigger then the second one did. Both trigger pull weights are decent and travel pretty smooth but 1/4" reset is way over zealous especially for a target gun.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
The trigger on the one I tried was probably around 3.5# (just by feeling) and the “wall” was barely there. Definitely not a break like glass feeling and the reset is long. For a personal defense handgun, that’s fine. For a target pistol, my 1911s and 2011s feel much better. Maybe the one I shot was an outlier because whenever I read reviews online about this gun, the reviews are all over the place. Some claim a 2# trigger with a short reset and a breaks like glass feel. Others seem to mirror my own. Regardless they are superbly built and accurate.

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
I would echo the sentiment of the previous 2 posts regarding the trigger. Considering how nearly perfect the trigger is in my P226 Legion SAO, I was hoping for better in the P210. I ended up not keeping the gun, primarily due to the disappointment in the trigger. I even sent it back to Sig (at their expense) to have it checked. There seems to be nearly zero aftermarket for the P210, and I didn't find anyone willing to try to improve it. If I had to complain about one other thing, it's that (as a right handed shooter who does not shoot with one hand) there didn't seem to be a comfortable place to put my left hand. The grips are amazing, and the quality of the gun is pretty much second to nothing in its price class, but I did sell mine and I don't regret it. For me, the Tactical Sport Orange is everything I hoped the P210 would have been and more.

·
1911 Pistol Smith
10,306 Posts
I would echo the sentiment of the previous 2 posts regarding the trigger. Considering how nearly perfect the trigger is in my P226 Legion SAO, I was hoping for better in the P210. I ended up not keeping the gun, primarily due to the disappointment in the trigger. I even sent it back to Sig (at their expense) to have it checked. There seems to be nearly zero aftermarket for the P210, and I didn't find anyone willing to try to improve it. If I had to complain about one other thing, it's that (as a right handed shooter who does not shoot with one hand) there didn't seem to be a comfortable place to put my left hand. The grips are amazing, and the quality of the gun is pretty much second to nothing in its price class, but I did sell mine and I don't regret it. For me, the Tactical Sport Orange is everything I hoped the P210 would have been and more.
Gray guns is currently doing custom 210 guns, and are ramping up for after market parts to be available to the public. Not real certain how long, but currently all parts that are being manufactured are used in their custom upgrades.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
The trigger on the one I tried was probably around 3.5# (just by feeling) and the “wall” was barely there. Definitely not a break like glass feeling and the reset is long. For a personal defense handgun, that’s fine. For a target pistol, my 1911s and 2011s feel much better. Maybe the one I shot was an outlier because whenever I read reviews online about this gun, the reviews are all over the place. Some claim a 2# trigger with a short reset and a breaks like glass feel. Others seem to mirror my own. Regardless they are superbly built and accurate.

On my P210 Standard the take-up feels heavier than the break and I think it is because of the firing pin safety. Because of that, it is hard to measure the weight of the a actual break. It’s like a reverse two-stage trigger. Took some getting used to.

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the info guys. did some more research last night and it keeps pulling me towards CZ.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Depends on what you want it for the US made P210, especially the target are nice for the money. Gray Guns even have springs you can use to have the trigger meet the weight requirements for CMP Service pistol and there were a couple on the line during the 2021 East Coast Fleet Match. What you need to remember is that the P210 was designed when it was common practice to shoot one-handed or one-handed bullseye. Plus the longer creep is for people to get that rolling break that's preferred by bullseye shooters.

For practical shooting what games are you playing? (USPSA/IDPA/Steel Challenge). The 210 can be used competitively in IDPA in ESP and steel challenge's limited division. Only thing you can really do with it in USPSA is L10 or Limited and it wont be that competitive.

·
Banned
128 Posts
I love the look of them, but to me they are just a cock tease of the Uber expensive Swiss p210s...the new production models have better features...but the p210..being a service pistol built like a fudgeing high end competition pistol, has such a cool history and has always been a grail gun of mine.

Last time I saw one in person, it was beat to **** and over 2k at the LGS.

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
For practical shooting what games are you playing? (USPSA/IDPA/Steel Challenge). The 210 can be used competitively in IDPA in ESP and steel challenge's limited division. Only thing you can really do with it in USPSA is L10 or Limited and it wont be that competitive.
Not a bullseye shooter. Don't compete any more. For me it's just fun time at the range.

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well went in a completely different direction & ordered a CZ PO-1 via Cajun Gun Works with Pro package & Trijicon Night Sights.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts