·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are 3 of my favorite rifles

M1903A3
M1 Garand
M1 Carbine

all of them are dated 1944 and all of them have the correct parts for they’re era. But carbine have bayonet lug and adjustable sights. Post some pics of your war rifles!

Attachments

·
Registered
229 Posts
I've whittled down my surplus rifle collection down to only three...

Remington 1903 (correct with the exception of the Keystone replacement scant stock).

Post-war Springfield M1 Garand

Inland M1 Carbine (post-war Springfield Arsenal rebuild)

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Remington 1903 (correct with the exception of the Keystone replacement scant stock).

Post-war Springfield M1 Garand

Inland M1 Carbine (post-war Springfield Arsenal rebuild)

beautiful rifles man! There’s just something about a nice ww2 era rifle. I was interested in a tommy gun for a little but ended up saying no. But now i want a ww1 colt 1911 and a ww1 1917 made buy smith and wesson and i think ill be happy with the milsurps for a while

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
RazorBurn. Those are fantastic. I have been thinking about a Garand for a while. Just don’t know enough. I know CMP offers different grades and I will look into getting one of theirs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
6,342 Posts
USMC M1 NM 7.62X51, love this rifle

2015-11-10_11-58-24_10.jpg

going through a friend's collection and bringing the ones that need it up to type i or Type II bedding. I tuned the two M1As in the back

622013.jpg

An Ex Israeli M1D, the screw was striped, I fixed it for him.

DSC01251.JPG

Fix this one for him last year. It's real and it's a TRW. I really don't shoot it much, I hate the ART scope. But he loves my handloads.

DSC01244.JPG

And first thing I fixed for the guy when I moved out here was this. When his wife needed a new car in a hurry, guess what went? ;) That 100 round drum worked nicely, it was worth thousands.

foronline.jpg

·
Premium Member
6,342 Posts
RazorBurn. Those are fantastic. I have been thinking about a Garand for a while. Just don’t know enough. I know CMP offers different grades and I will look into getting one of theirs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Join the Garand association, it automatically qualifies you for a CMP M1 instead of shooting matches.

·
Premium Member
6,342 Posts

Nice, my friend with the M1s I'm going through gave me one like this except it was all military. I have an 03 I screwed a 308 barrel (shooting 03's in '06 with a broken shoulder doesn't work for me anymore) so I gave the primo 03 to a friend of mine.

·
Premium Member
6,342 Posts
beautiful rifles man! There’s just something about a nice ww2 era rifle. I was interested in a tommy gun for a little but ended up saying no. But now i want a ww1 colt 1911 and a ww1 1917 made buy smith and wesson and i think ill be happy with the milsurps for a while
A decent Thompson will run anywhere from 20 to 50 thousand. There's several coming up on the Morphy auction. Personally I prefer the M3. Slower cyclic and more accurate. I had one in my class III days and fed it my IPSC practice ammo. You could keep rounds on target accurately, far better than a Thompson. Raisings are less expensive also, and fun. Magazines can run more than Thompson stick mags.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Nice, my friend with the M1s I'm going through gave me one like this except it was all military. I have an 03 I screwed a 308 barrel (shooting 03's in '06 with a broken shoulder doesn't work for me anymore) so I gave the primo 03 to a friend of mine.
The Remington M1903 is still in military configuration. The scant stocks were just used as replacement stocks during arsenal refurbishment. The original stock would have been a typical straight stock without grasping grooves. The previous owner tossed the original stock and replaced it with a new commercial C stock. Thankfully, I had a spare scant stock and a NOS handguard on hand for the rifle. Unfortunately I've never been lucky enough to run across the correct RLB cartouched stock for sale.

·
Premium Member
6,342 Posts
The Remington M1903 is still in military configuration. The scant stocks were just used as replacement stocks during arsenal refurbishment. The original stock would have been a typical straight stock without grasping grooves. The previous owner tossed the original stock and replaced it with a new commercial C stock. Thankfully, I had a spare scant stock and a NOS handguard on hand for the rifle. Unfortunately I've never been lucky enough to run across the correct RLB cartouched stock for sale.
I have one, but it's so saturated with linseed oil, it's not worth the headache of trying to fix it.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts