Use as a Range Bag

Discussion in 'Gear Talk' started by Dallas Knight, Jul 22, 2020.

1. Dallas Knight

Dallas Knight Max Otto von Stierlitz

Jun 22, 2015
    Out of space in my little Midway USA Range Bag, so I picked up one of these today. Normally sold as a Tool Bag, I figured it should be able to hold the weight. We’ll see how it holds up; at $23, if it doesn’t, I’m not out a lot. Comes with a carry shoulder strap too. They make a smaller 16-inch version, for around $15. Needed something to carry pistols & magazines I’m shooting for that day. IMG_1055.png

2. Raylan Givens

Raylan Givens Never Forget

Aug 18, 2015
    I have known a few people who have used tool bags as gun bags. Not just for the range. I used to have one that was a Husky from Home Depot.

Mike0707 and Dallas Knight like this.

3. Yellowsupersport

Yellowsupersport Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2015
    Yep, they work well. Variety of sizes, pricing is reasonable, they handle weight, and are discrete / non-tactical...

IMG_6586.jpg
    IMG_6588.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Old Sea Dragon

Old Sea Dragon Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2018
    For years I used a cheap gym bag, and was completely satisfied. Now I have a large multi compartment bag from midway, and only take out the inner bag. This looks like a better option for me.

Raylan Givens likes this.
  5. CoalCracker.

CoalCracker. Active Member

Jul 20, 2020
    My son uses a stanley tool bag.

Raylan Givens likes this.
  6. Mike0707

Mike0707 JMB fan

Apr 11, 2019
    I use a Husky open top tool carrier. Works great. Lots of pockets on the sides. Cost about $10 on Black Friday 4-5 years ago

Raylan Givens and colrhino like this.
  7. TheCollector

TheCollector Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2018
    Tool bags for all those “tack drivers”

8. Jimhoag

Jimhoag In Kentucky

Jun 14, 2013
    I use to use a large bowling ball bag. Msde to carry a lot of weight and who would steal a bowling ball

Dallas Knight and Old Sea Dragon like this.
  9. Apollo99

Apollo99 Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2017
    ^^^Ralph Kramden and Fred Flintstone^^^

AGENT P, Capthobo and simonp like this.
  10. Dallas Knight

Dallas Knight Max Otto von Stierlitz

Jun 22, 2015
    Yeah.... but Ralph would get caught because he wouldn’t be able to keep it to himself!

11. fatbaldguy

fatbaldguy Cranky old curmudgeon

Jul 28, 2017
    louies lunch.jpg
    Holds 2 1911's and as much as 5hunnert rounds, eye's and ears in the top compartment.
    Lube and a bore snake too. Easy to carry into Criminal Protection Zones without anyone noticing.

Mike0707, AGENT P, colrhino and 3 others like this.
  12. jcc7x7

jcc7x7 Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2019
    Which bag is that from Duluth?

13. fatbaldguy

Jul 28, 2017
    Louie's Lunch box. There is a larger version too.

colrhino likes this.
  14. JohnnyEgo

JohnnyEgo Well-Known Member

May 17, 2017
    Yep. Been using a Husky bag since 2010. You can cram a surprising amount of stuff in there. Held up better than any range bag I've had before it.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I also use their totes to cart stuff around.
    [​IMG]

Whiten, jcc7x7 and Mike0707 like this.
  15. Charlie

Charlie Active Member

Dec 19, 2015
    I reviewed the Duluth Karl's lunch box and it looks like it will hold a bunch of stuff. Currently I keep a plastic tote in my truck that I constantly keep the following in, 45, 9mm and 22 ammo, ear muffs, eye protection and targets. I think I'll try one of the Karl's boxes to replace my tote. I looked and can't find them on Amazon - anyone know where I can purchase them (other than Duluth where I would have to pay full price)?

Thanks

16. fatbaldguy

Jul 28, 2017
    Duluth does not wholesale their product. Unless you find something used, you will likely have to purchase it through them. Sign up for their newsletters/ads, you will get on-line coupons and notice of in store discounts. Use their store locator to find the one closest to you. I have one that is 10+ years old that is used as a range bag. The other is 3 years old used to carry my lunch at work. You will be hard pressed to wear one out.

17. Charlie

Charlie Active Member

Dec 19, 2015
    Went online and found two companies that are selling the Duluth Karl's lunch box for $59.95 versus Duluth's price of $89.95. They are - Home depot Deal Inc. of Arizona and Home Up Depot of Kentucky. I never heard of these 2 places - I'm concerned they're a ripoff, may Chinese knock offs? Anyone ever hear of them?

Thanks

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted