1911 Firearm Addicts banner

Valkyrie Commander TS question

Dan Wesson 
1K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  Integrity Arms 
#1 ·
Which single sided thumb safety did DW use on the 9mm Valkyrie commander? Or which would be the best fitting to pick up to replace an ambi safety original owner had installed, but did not keep the original. I'm wanting to go back to single sided.

All help appreciated,

#7 ·
I felt th DW thumb safeties to be a bit "blocky" for my liking, so I replaced both on my Guardians with Wilson combat thumb safeties . I used the inexpensive versions, not the bullet proof. Both needed a tiny bit of fitting, but the finish matched acceptably.

Reactions: gps man and Trashy
#9 ·
I felt th DW thumb safeties to be a bit "blocky" for my liking, so I replaced both on my Guardians with Wilson combat thumb safeties . I used the inexpensive versions, not the bullet proof. Both needed a tiny bit of fitting, but the finish matched acceptably.
Could call DW and get a duty treated one or just order the blued safety from their webstore

http://shop.cz-usa.com/ProductDetail/DW00037C_1911-Single-Side-Thumb-Safety-Blued-Carbon-Steel

The Valkyrie didn’t use the same TS as the Guardian/Valor, which is the one in the link, it used a much thinner version (same one as on the ECO).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.